No New Posts

No New Posts

Just because I'm not posting about it, doesn't mean nothing is happening

607
No New Posts
Jessica Fisher

This past semester was one of my hardest semesters yet. You wouldn't know it from my social media, but I've went through some life changing events recently. I think as a generation, we are so used to oversharing, that we expect everyone to share everything that they are going through. However, this is not the case. There are some people who prefer to not share at all when they are experiencing hardships. They may speak to a few close friends, but they certainly do not take to social media to tell everyone whats going on. I'm not bad mouthing people who do this, some truly find solace from sharing difficult times with their followers. I just think we have gotten so used to this, that we expect everyone to share in this way. We assume that if someone isn't posting about something, that nothing is going on. Which is certainly not the case.

Treat everyone with respect, and give them the benefit of doubt. You may be judging them without even realizing they are going through some major events. Before you label someone lazy or a bad friend, think of them before yourself and ask yourself why they may be acting differently. Maybe they have pulled back socially, which doesn't mean they are doing it to harm you, they may honestly just be going through a lot. You never truly know what exactly someone is going through. Be considerate. Be kind. Be understanding, and please never assume you know everything about someone.