No Hope? Think Knope: Bringing Out Your Inner Leslie

Be bold, brave and determined to succeed.

38
cloudfront.net

Sometimes life decides to toss you through hoops and throw new and challenging experiences your way, and when this happens it can be a little stressful. Dealing with class, work, responsibility, and the general overwhelming feeling you get while making your way into becoming an adult. When it gets to be too much, you may feel like pulling the blankets over your head and face your problems later on when it's almost too late. Feeling this way is okay for a little bit, but ask yourself: "What would Leslie Knope do?"

When facing life, face it like Leslie Knope (our favorite feminist parks leader) would. Be bold, brave and determined to succeed. Leslie wouldn't cower behind a blanket in the face of an obstacle. Instead, she would tackle the assignment head on and accomplish what she has set her mind to. She stands firmly behind her opinions and beliefs and refuses to let her opposers and haters get the best of her, or to sway her away from her task at hand. Whether the end goal is to build a beautiful park, or to teach elderly people sex ed, she fights for what she believes is right with passion and intensity. Be fierce and direct like Leslie when life presents you with challenges. Face what comes your way head on and with passion and you will succeed and inspire those around you.

There is no other encouragement like the encouragement that comes from within. Believe in yourself. Leslie has moments where she doubts her abilities and determination falters, but she picks herself up and dust, herself off. Her faith in herself helps her accomplish any task no matter how impactful or inconsequential it might be. She literally inspires herself to be the best she can be and to put her entire heart into anything she does. No dream of hers, or yours, can go unachieved there's just a little bit of faith and trust within yourself. You're capable of greatness, you just have to unlock your potential.

Relax, take some time to sit back enjoy your waffles, and in times if stress, surround yourself with positivity. If you're a believer in the influence of energy, you'll believe that positivity and positive energy will attract positive events and situations. It can even make you a more positive person in the long run. Leslie continually stays positive in hard times, doing all that she can to follow a glass half full philosophy. This can be helpful when dealing with stress from work, school, or relationships and friendships, as it helps you to see a silver lining out of any situation. Finding something to be positive about can keep you going just a little bit longer like an energizer bunny.

Finally, always try your best. When you genuinely give yourself a chance to do something amazing, that you love and to succeed while doing it you will discover a lot more about yourself than you previously knew. Believe in who you are and what you are passionate about, and the possibilities are endless.