The Nintendo Switch is BIG news for Nintendo

People that have never bought a Nintendo console in their life, will buy the Nintendo Switch!

13
cdn3

Recently, Nintendo finally revealed, what has been named as the NX, to the public. Now known as the Nintendo Switch, we have tons of new information and a couple of unanswered questions, but this much is true – Nintendo is back in the game. Many gamers have been worried for the past 10 years or so, that Nintendo hasn’t put their best foot forward in the video game console market. The Wii was a success with its motion controls, but most hardcore gamers scoffed at its novelty and gimmicks and moved on to Nintendo’s rival companies (Sony and Microsoft). When the Wii U was released, many gamers gave up on Nintendo entirely. In fact, the sales for the Wii U were pretty terrible and the library for the console wasn’t the best it could be.

Being a Nintendo fan myself, I was and still am happy with my Wii U. I’ve got a lot of use out of it and since I only own a few games for the console, I’ve still got plenty of time left in it. However, I was genuinely worried for the company. They resorted to gimmicks and first party games and sometimes that’s not the best approach. I was worried for Nintendo… was…

Because the Nintendo Switch is about to make gaming revolutionary again!

When most people saw the trailer (You can watch it here!) they were excited for the console that they would buy soon. When I saw the trailer, I immediately realized how big this truly was.

PORTABLE GAMING

Portable gaming has been around for a while now. Nintendo was the first company to release a true portable device with a series of games called ‘Game & Watch’ (1980), the Gameboy (1989), and later the Nintendo DS (2004). Now we see something we’ve never seen in a portable gaming device – the ability to play full length console video games ON THE GO. Immediately we’re looking at new gaming capabilities and I couldn’t be more excited.

CONTROLLERS

Ever since the Nintendo 64, Nintendo controllers have always been a bit… different. With Nintendo, it was always about innovation and with innovation come gimmicks. Arguably the best controller to have come out of Nintendo is the Gamecube controller. What’s so great about it, is that it’s pretty ‘normal.’ When the motion controllers came out for the Wii, people had their issues with them. The Wii U controller was and still is very controversial, even though I love it.

The newest addition to the Nintendo family features controllers called the ‘Joy-con’ controller. Essentially, you can break apart a full controller into separate halves, and then give one of these halves to a friend, for local multiplayer. It’s actually a really great concept. Ergonomically speaking, there are some concerns, but overall it’s a positive thing. Plus with multiplayer being online most of the time, it’s nice to know that Nintendo is still allowing for a local multiplayer experience.

3RD PARTY SUPPORT

You can play Skyrim on a Nintendo controller! That’s literally all I have to say about this. The amount of confirmed 3rd party companies for the Switch, is mind-blowing. Let me put in to perspective.

Since the Gamecube, many 3rd party companies that were attached Nintendo, stopped creating games for Nintendo consoles. Many of these companies released their first games on the Nintendo Entertainment System and the Super Nintendo back in the 80’s and early 90’s.

The fact that companies such as: Konami, Capcom, and Square Enix are confirmed is an amazing thing for gamers.

Plus Bethesda and FromSoftware are confirmed and this makes me want to start paying Nintendo NOW. (Please be a Dark Souls game for a Nintendo console!!! PLEASE!)

WAIT A SECOND

Remember how I said this is big news for Nintendo. It’s even bigger. Yes, we can play games on the go now. But let me guide you through a train of thought…

Nintendo releases a console that allows portable gaming => Third party companies are confirmed => Sony and Microsoft fanboys will buy the Switch, so that they can play their favorite games on the go.

SEE WHAT I MEAN!

People that have never bought a Nintendo console in their life, will buy the Nintendo Switch! Nintendo, congratulations. You’ve done it again. Now I’m gonna consider buying some stock before this console gets released in March.