The Best Nintendo Switch Games Even Non-Gamers Will Enjoy

8 Essential Nintendo Switch Games For Every Non-Gamer During Quarantine

If you're a non-gamer, figuring out which games to buy can be a challenge.

1244
Photo by Sara Kurfeß on Unsplash

As we are all locked down in our homes for quarantine, the realization that we really don't have much to do in our homes is hitting us in the face. This has caused a lot of people to take up new hobbies and even start buying video game systems like the Nintendo Switch.

But if you're a non-gamer, figuring out which games to buy can be a challenge.

Here are eight games for the Switch that every non-gamer can break into with ease and fall in love with:

1. "Animal Crossing: New Horizons"

This game quickly became a viral sensation on Twitter after its release as it was released during quarantine.

You don't need to be an expert gamer, but "Animal Crossing" gives you the chance to manage your own island, build houses, bring animals to your islands as residents, and even meet up with your friends on their island in the online mode.

All in all, this game is an amazing way of staying connected with friends and relaxing after a long day.

2. "Super Mario Odyssey"

The Mario franchise is classic. This game is no exception. Just another addition to an already classic franchise. But a game anyone can break into with little to no effort.

3. "Mario Kart 8 Deluxe"

If you enjoy racing games, "Mario Kart" is going to be your new favorite game.

4. "Splatoon 2"

If you're looking for an engaging third-person shooter that's not violent and actually silly, pick up "Splatoon 2." In this game, you play with a team and shoot ink on and against your rivals. It's enjoyable, fast-paced, and super easy to break into.

5. "Pokémon: Let's Go Pikachu!"

Ever wanted to be Ash Ketchum and get your own Pikachu? This remake of the original Pokémon games starts you off with your own Pikachu as you go on your adventure challenging gym leaders and facing Jesse and James of Team Rocket.

A simple and classic game that anyone can break into.

6. "Super Mario Party"

"Super Mario Party" is a game you can play solo or with friends and family. It's a board-game-type game that makes you solve puzzles and play mini-games in a race to the finish.

7. "Untitled Goose Game"

This game became an indie sensation. But it's exactly what it looks like. You're a goose and you get to be a goose. What else can you really say?

8. "Oxenfree"

This game is like a mashup of "Riverdale" and "Stranger Things" put into video game form.

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.