12 Ways To Survive A College Night Class

SOS

814
Google

At least once we all have to experience a night class. Either the hour and fifteen or the two hour and forty five minute class. Some can be interesting and some can feel like they are lasting a life time. Here are some ways to help you get through the class.

1. Eat before.

It is not fun having your stomach decide to make whale calls during class.

2. Drink some coffee or some kind of caffeine.

If it is one of those slow classes, you will need something to keep you up throughout the class.

3. Look around the room and see if anyone is as lost as you may be.

When doing this you have a friend for the semester.

4. Bring snacks.

Sometimes even if you ate before, you will get hungry again.

5. Keep writing down notes the professor is giving you.

Even if you are bored and tired, it will be worth it to have the notes.

6. If the professor lets you have breaks in between class, get up and walk around.

It will wake you up and give you a time reference to when the class will be over.

7. Reassure yourself that if you get through this class you will not have to take it again.

You are smart. It is rough that is a night class but you can do this!

8. Know that after the class you can do what you need to.

Weather that is going to the gym, meeting your friends, going back the library, or going back to bed. You are almost there.

9. It is OK to doodle everyone in a while.

Make a tree, person, flower, cool design anything that (if you are bored) will keep you entertained.

10. Cry.

Yes, we have all been there..maybe. It can get stressful sometimes depending on the class.

11. Sit with friends.

If you miss something in the notes, you can feel better about asking someone you know about what the professor had just said.

12. Do everything in your power not to fall asleep.

Trust me, professors do notice. Do what you can to be awake in their classroom.

13. Know that you are in college for a reason and that is to get an education.

You are smart. It may seem like a difficult class because at the point of the night class your motivation is almost as far away as summer, but you can do this.

Everyone can go through a night class at least once, and maybe twice. During the winter it feels like you walked in during the day and leave at midnight, but it is really only 9:30. Some classes could have funny stories as experieces or some you might learn something you never thought you would.