How Nick Viall Gained My Support (After Being His Biggest Critic)

ABC's newest leading man is controversial to say the least

10
InTouch Weekly

When Nick Viall first graced our television screens in 2014, and I was easily his biggest hater; when Andi gave him the first impression rose I nearly threw a bottle wine at the television. Over the course of the season, I nicknamed him Creepy Nick which stuck throughout his stint on Kaitlyn's season. While I always found Nick to be irritating with a collection of oddly skinny scarfs, my true hatred of him never formed until his infamous appearance on "After the Final Rose". In short, Nick asked Andi why she slept with him, if she wasn't going to pick him in the end. This is a very reasonable question and would have been completely fine, if he didn't confront her on live television.

Slut shaming is not something that goes over well, especially with females, which is the majority of Bachelor Nation. Nick quickly became public enemy number one, and I honestly thought after two rejected proposals, he would give up. When it was announced that he would be on "Bachelor in Paradise" I think we all did a giant eye roll. After the premiere episode, my opinion on him started to change. Not only did he seem significantly less annoying than I remember, but I was actually starting to like him.

After Josh pulled a "Mr. Steal Your Girl" with Amanda, I felt horrible. Seeing somebody be painfully rejected three times, can even turn the darkest heart red. One of my favorite Nick moments this entire season, was when he flat out told Ashely I. that Jared will never be in love with her. It was painfully honest, but something she needed to hear for her own sanity. I slowly, but surely, became a huge Nick fan.

When it was announced that he was the next Bachelor I was in complete, and utter shock. After the initial revelation (what about Luke??!!) I actually was pretty impressed. Nick went from being one of the most hated contestants in the entire franchise, to scoring the leading role. I couldn't be more excited to see if he (finally) finds love!