I'm Taking The Next Step In Church Leadership

I don't want to be stagnant. I want to keep working for the kingdom of Christ.

541

If you would've asked me five years ago what my life would look like after my freshman year of college, I probably would've looked with you with a blank stare. This past year I have not only learned so much as a student, friend, sister, and daughter but also as a believer in Christ. I have found my church home in Tuscaloosa and made many connections through the process. Learning to engage in quiet time and serve on different ministry teams, I knew applying for church leadership was something I was passionate about. Luckily, the church members prayed and saw a place for me to be a leader on the media team to serve the Lord while doing something I love.

Once I found out I was going to be a video producer for FUGE Camps, my heart exploded with excitement for what the summer has to come. I was hesitant about applying at first because I was afraid about moving so far away from home. With a lot of prayers and intentional conversations, my life group leaders and college pastor encouraged me to have faith and to challenge myself.

Nothing worthwhile is ever going to come easy. We have to step out on a leap of faith if we want to reach out to nonbelievers. We cannot be stagnant and keep the good news to ourselves. I am taking my next step in church leadership for Christ and his kingdom, using my gifts for his glory.

Now if anyone knows me, they know I am a media guru. Technology, social media, blogs, videos, photography - you name it, and I love it. Throughout my senior year of high school, I taught myself so much about media platforms that I knew working in communications was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Trusting God to lead me to a great college while planning for my future, The University of Alabama has become my new home. I have been able to join multiple student organizations that focus on my major and combine my interests in media and ministry.

But my favorite overall would have to be volunteering on the media team at Calvary Baptist Church.

Something about Calvary is just so special. The people. The opportunities. The welcoming atmosphere. This church has given me so much motivation to grow in my walk with the Lord that I am pleased to be able to serve on leadership for the next school year. One of my main goals is to work with the vision of the college ministry to reach out to students who haven't found a church home in Tuscaloosa. I hope to showcase ministry teams within the church covering stories of individuals working in service and hospitality. I want to show others how Calvary became my home and how it can quickly become yours, too.

No matter what stage in life we are at or what fears we have for the future, God always has a plan.

I never thought I would be moving six hours away from home to take a job leading in ministry, but the Lord has better plans for me. Though times can get tough and we may lose direction, never lose sight of what we were made to do. I am taking my next step in church leadership for Christ and his kingdom, using my gifts for his glory.