To The Next Person That Loves Me

To The Next Person That Loves Me

Falling in love can be scary, everyone is different, but with the right person, it can be a wonderful adventure.

16
To The Next Person That Loves Me
Kelly Hornberger Photography

Every person has some baggage that they carry around with them that can effect how they interact with others. I feel like in 2016, the main one is trust issues. Most people are terrified of commitment, and if you're not, you are terrified of being left by someone that is. Relationships are a strange thing anymore, and that's why I want to write this. Loving me can be a challenge, it's something I'm struggling doing even today and I feel like in order to love me, you have to understand that I am going to require a lot from you. That's why I'm making this list of how to be what I need.

1. You have to love the shows I do.

Or you have to at least be willing to sitthrough and pretend like you are, and of course I will do the same for you. Netflix and chill? more like Netflix and lost my chill over the new murder in Scream Queens.

2. You have to laugh at my horrible jokes.

Listen- I know I'm not funny, but humor me and tell me it's cute when I make the worst joke ever and just laugh like I actually am funny.

3. You have to understand my reservations.

I've been hurt and walked out on, and I find it hard to trust someone new. I may open up easily, but I may shy away when things look hard. Please don't just give up.

4. You have to be willing to show me off.

Yes, I will embarrass you at times, but if you're embarrassed to be seen with me, then we have a problem. Show me off. Introduce me to your friends. Take me out.

5. Be open.

If something is wrong, just talk to me. I promise, it will save you from a bigger argument. I will try to be what you need but you have to tell me what that is first.

6. Take me dancing.

Yes, I'm horrible at it, but I can promise you that it will be enjoyable and we both won't be able to stop smiling.

7. Let me pay.

Maybe not every single time, but seriously, just let me treat you.

8. Accept me for the weird things I get excited about.

Yes, I get excited easily and I will be overly dramatic about it, please just let me be and think it's cute that I'm so happy.

9. My friends are the most important thing to me.

You don't have to love my best friends, but you do have to be nice to them. They mean more to me than anything so be kind and you'll be around for awhile. I'll do the same with yours, too.

10. Accept my crying.

I will cry. I will cry a lot. Some will be justified, some won't be. Just please be there for me when I need you to wipe the tears.

11. Sing to me.

I honestly don't care how you sound, I love listening to music and having a voice echoing my favorite songs out loud. And I would never judge you for how you sound.

12. Finally, pray with me.

Pray for a healthy relationship, a possible future, a strong connection, and just ask me how you can be continually praying for me. My relationship with God is the most important one to me and I need you to accept that.