A New York Minute

A New York Minute

Time Flies When You're Having Fun.

84
A New York Minute
Andrew Griffiths

An instant. A blur. A point in one's life that flashes by.

Think of a point in your life, a memory you didn’t want to end. A specific moment in time. Now come back. Time really does go by doesn’t it?

For those who don’t understand the term “A New York Minute," it refers to New York that has such a fast-paced nature. The work is expeditious. It’s the a moment between the green light and the second after the noise of the car honking behind you.

You may be easily just thinking of anything in the world and not even realize that the world is still going on around you. Have you ever gotten lost in thought? The derealization that a span of time has past you by in a matter of what seemed like a couple of seconds.

I’m on 34th street. There was a girl who was across from me, who I thought was the most alluring sight that I had seen in awhile. I couldn’t help but just admire her. I wanted to ask her if she wanted to get coffee sometimes but was just at a lost for words and felt as though I was choking. It was a simple matter of words, “Would you like to get some coffee sometimes?” I sucked it up and did it. Or so I thought.

Ding.

“Uhhh what?”

Then I looked outside the cart I was in and realized I just got to 59th. I hadn’t realize what had happened when I came back. I made up a scenario in my head, but I thought I had actually done it.

One part of your life that you may relate to is looking back at your first day of school. Do you remember a younger you? Your first day of kindergarten, being really scared going to a new place. It sometimes may feel as though it was just yesterday.

It all comes to a standstill sometimes. Either way, we keep moving forward even though it doesn’t seem like it is. Just keep in mind to enjoy what you're doing because they're memories that you won't forget. Though at times life feels like a fast moving movie.

This can all relay into something more, an idea, a singular piece of time. It's all different to everyone. Everyone's experience changes and you know what's so beautiful about it. We all get to experience it in such an elegant way. I don't believe this is the same as trying to forget a time in your life. It's more of a feeling of bliss. Something that you don't want to forget because it'll make a good story one day to tell to people or just a nice memory to go back to.

Being in New York City, you can see all the people who have a place to go to. Walking at a certain pace but still have a place where they belong to. Take life by the reins and allow yourself to indulge in all the wonders that it has to offer to you.