New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions

The countdown to a New Year and a New You is on...3..2..1..

8
New Year's Resolutions
Quotes Ideas

It is that time of the year, or end of the year, when we have to come up with a New Year’s Resolution. It can’t be too difficult, or else you’ll keep up with it for a few weeks but will soon be over with it and will stop altogether. It can’t be too simple because then you will not grow as a person.

If you are like me and you have not chosen a New Year’s Resolution yet because you wait until the last-minute, then here are some possible categories to focus on when deciding on a New Year’s Resolution:

1.) Make it about changing bad habits

Everyone has bad habits, some worse than others. It could be as innocent as biting your nails or as severe as doing hardcore drugs. I’m not a therapist, you know what your flaws are. If there is something annoying or harmful that you do that you would like to change, now is an excellent opportunity! We all have more than one bad habit, so don’t go crazy trying to completely fix yourself into a flawless person by having your New Year’s Resolution be to change all of your bad habits, instead just focus on one, so you can truly aim to accomplish it!

2.) Focus on benefiting your health

Is it selfish? Not entirely. A healthier you is a happier you, and you will be a better person to hang out with when you are happy and healthy. Do something to help yourself! Whether it be to eat healthier, get more sleep, or get exercise daily, pick ONE and GO! Getting started can be the hard part, but keeping it up can be equally as challenging. Keep it simple. Even one healthier choice enables your body to perform in ways it never could before!

3.) Target the concept of being a better person

Maybe your New Year’s Resolution could focus on being a more sincere person or completing selfless activities to help others. Hone in on a part of your personality that has been an issue, either from the perspective of others or that you are internally aware of and fix it. For example, if you snap easily at your friends, then come up with techniques to react in a more controlled manner. To complete a selfless act by helping others, agree that you will do more community service activities in 2017, but make sure that your goal is specific, or else you may call it quits after only two community service events.

Even if you only keep up your New Year’s Resolution for the first two months, it does not mean that you are a failure. Already, you did something that you did not do before to benefit yourself or others, even if it was short-lived. Just remember, though, that if you truly want to make a difference, it is essential to keep up with your resolution in a consistent manner. Try writing reminders on each monthly calendar immediately, to plan yourself for the whole year. Possibly post your New Year’s Resolution on your Dream Board or somewhere where you can see it everyday until it nags you enough to do it.

All in all, reach for something that will make you a better person in 2017, and let its message resonate with you through December, not just until January! What are you waiting for? Go be a better you!