New Year's Resolutions Are S***

New Year's Resolutions Are S***

"New Year, New Me!"

8
New Year's Resolutions Are S***

As the New Year rolls, it’s a time of year where everyone sets a New Years resolution. Everyone that is except me. Since I could remember, I always had people asking or teachers making us write down our New Year goals. What we hope to achieve this year as a student or a person. I agree that setting goals is good, but setting a New Years goal is complete bull s***. Now some of you might be wondering what on earth I’m talking about and that you love New Years resolutions. But if you take a look back at your resolutions you might have made through out the years, how many of those did you actually accomplish? Most people plan to lose a certain amount of weight, join a gym, or be a better person. But somewhere around mid- February you start to lose your goal and give up. What’s the point of making a resolution if you can’t even make it two months in? My logic is to make more realistic goals or make baby goals throughout the year. Goals are always good to have in life, it helps you reach for things you might not have done before. But setting a “resolution” so to say isn’t the same. Do I have some things I want to accomplish in 2017? For sure! I’d like to go to the gym more and push myself to be a better person and find myself. But do I expect it to be done by the end of the year or for it all to magically change at once? No. Not making high expectations of what you want out of the year won’t make it more disappointing when not everything you wanted to do, didn’t happen. New year’s is just a day on the calendar that marks a New Year. There’s nothing particularly drastically changing from December 31st to January 1st other then it’s a New Year. Sometimes just letting life happen is the best goal you can set for yourself.