New Year, Same You (Just Constantly Improving)

10 inspiring quotes for your everydays

28

We're barely into the month of January, but my New Years resolutions have already faltered. I've indulged in one too many cookies, forgotten to have a grateful heart, and have yet to stick with the productive daily schedule I had planned. However, as I began to feel discouragement creep in, I remembered something. Something so simple, yet something that I had totally lost sight of! It shouldn't take the start of a new year to make changes. I know, I know. That isn't exactly earth shattering, but in that moment of remembrance, it felt like I had been granted a second chance at achieving my goals.

After all, everyday is an opportunity for us to step closer to our goals, reevaluate our paths, and improve our current endeavors. However, it's often difficult to develop this mindset—especially when we overwhelm ourselves with unrealistic expectations and overload our days with endless tasks. During these disheartening times, I turn to motivational quotes for inspiration and renewed perspective. Below are 10 of my favorite quotes to be applied to the year, the month, the day, even the very hour—that you've been given to live in this moment.

Here's 10 quotes to remember for our everydays:

1. "When life throws you a rainy day, play in the puddles." ~Pooh Bear
2. "Forever is composed of nows." ~Emily Dickinson

3. "The one who falls and gets up is so much stronger than the one who never fell." ~Unknown
4. "The road to success is always under construction." ~Lily Tomlin
5. "You don't have to do this, you get to do this." ~Tom Kubis
6. "Love life, engage in it, give it all you've got. Love it with a passion, because life truly does give back, many times over, what you put into it." ~Maya Angelou
7. "People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for." ~Harper Lee
8. "The what-if's & the should-have's will eat your brain." ~John O'Callaghan
9. "I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~Agatha Christie
10. "Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." ~Mark Twain