New Year, Same S***

New Year, Same S***

Because who needs resolutions anyway?

Let's be honest...

New Year's resolutions, for most of us, are just empty promises and broken dreams waiting to happen. We say we'll change... We say we'll be better... But really, who wants to run and eat salad every day? That's right... NOBODY.

(And don't lie and say you do because that's not real life.)

So let's stop kidding ourselves and just quit while we're already... behind.

Don't get me wrong... Anyone who really feels like they need changes and/or improvements in their lives and take the necessary steps to success, you go, Glen Coco! I have the utmost respect for you!

However, I'm a realist, and I know, for about 99.99999% of us, ain't nothing gonna change because we like our Chick-fil-A and sweet tea, our Netflix binges, our drinking habits, and our lack of self-control in all things (including our sanities).

We don't mind if our clothes fit a little tighter than they used to (everyone wears sweats this time of year, anyway), and a few cuss words never hurt anybody. (Except in church. Don't do that.)

All and all, take this new year to find the new you or stick with the same you. It doesn't matter.

Do what makes you happy, and the rest will fall into place. As long as you love yourself, and you love others, what else really matters in the world?