From A New EIC

To the community,

Hello, my name is Will. You have all met me by now. However, you probably know by now that I will be your new EIC. I'm not going to lie, I am not sure I can ever do as well as Ashley did in this position. There are big shoes to fill, and I'm going to try my best.

I'd like to tell you about myself as an editor, because that's what you deserve.

First of all, I am here to make you a better writer as I appraise and edit your work. This might result in me nit-picking, and it's important you understand that that isn't personal.

One of the reasons I accepted the gracious offer I was given was so I could continue to work with all of you, but now in a new capacity.

You will not always like my edits, and you might not always like me if I'm being frank about it. But I edit harshly and swiftly, and I do so to push you as writers, journalists, and as people. I do this because I have read and edited your works before and I know you are all capable of great things.

I'm not better than anyone else here, nor am I striving to be. Rather, I am here to serve you and offer what I know to help you as best I can. I hope I can at all.

Thank you for having me, and I look forward to working with you all.

Best,

William