To My New Best Friend

To My New Best Friend

Just because I say new, doesn't mean this friendship seems new.

1
To My New Best Friend

Dear New Best Friend,

Just because I call you my new best friend, does not mean that it seems like our friendship is new. While I have only known you for a short period of time, you have come to be one of my closest friends. I feel as if I have known you forever and honestly, without you, I would not know what to do. If I didn't have you in my life, I would don't think I would laugh as much as I do. I don't think I would be as open as I am without you. I definitely would not be as social if it wasn't for you. I also don't think I would have been a better person if it wasn't for you.

You have listened to me complain for a few years about everything that annoys me. You have listened to my sass. You have even given me sass back. You listen when I need someone to just listen. You give me advice, and while I do not normally follow it, I am more appreciative of it than you could possibly imagine. I thank you for telling the guy I like about how I feel because I am a pansy and you know that I would have never had the courage to do so.

I am so glad that I met you because you are truly the best thing that could have happened to me. How wonderful life is, while you're in the world.

Sincerely,

A Loving Friend