I Got A New Affordable Acne-Fighting Skin Regime And You've Got To Try It

5 game changing products for a combined total of less than 40 dollars.

14
Isabelle Panza

My skin, like most hormonal women, goes through crazy ups and downs. Everything from sleep, diet, hormones, and stress can cause my skin to break out in what feels like an instant. I was tired of seeing these perfect Instagram models with their perfect skin rave about some 300 dollar La Mer Creme because it made clear skin seem unattainable. I noticed so many many treatments were way out of my strict college budget. But after a lot of searching and testing, I have successfully found an affordable skincare regime that tranformed my skin!

Aveeno's Face Wash- $6.79

Target

The Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Wash is incredible! Not only does it successfully take off all of my mascara and makeup residue, but it also doesn't strip my skin of the natural oils that keep it hydrated. Its formulated for acne because it is infused with salicylic acid and soy treatments. And the best part is that it was made for people with sensitive skin and is non-comedogenic, meaning it does not clog pores.

Dickinson's Toner-$4.69

Target

Dickinson's Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner makes my skin feel squeaky clean after I apply it. It's all-natural, cruelty-free, and fragrance-free. The toner helps make my face less puffy in the morning, get's rid of any excess oil, and doesn't dry out my sensitive skin. And the high witch hazel content helps disinfect any blemishes I have and reduces the swelling of them after continuous use.

The Ordinary Morning Serum- $5.90

Ulta

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a game-changing serum. According to The Ordinary, niacinamide helps reduce the appearance of blemishes and zinc controls sebum (an excess is sebum can cause acne). You can use this serum twice a day, however, I choose to only apply it once in the morning to avoid overdrying my skin. I apply this serum after I cleanse my face and tone it. Once I put the serum on and let it absorb for five minutes I then apply moisturizer and makeup (If I am wearing it that day). I find that at night when I wash my face any visibly blemishes from that morning have usually gone down in swelling and size.

The Ordinary Night Serum- $6.80

Ulta

If you are like me, you probably deal with hyperpigmentation and acne scars. I am fair so any blemish, whether I "pick" at it or not always seems to leave some sort of discoloration on my face. The Ordinary Lactic Acid 10%+ HA helped diminish the appearance of those marks and even got rid of some of them altogether. I also find that it prevents new blemishes from appearing. I apply this once at night before my moisturizer. But warning, this is a pretty powerful acid, so start with only a few drops to avoid overdrying your skin! Ulta

Cetaphil Moisturizer- 13.99

Ulta

Cetaphil's Moisturizing Lotion is seriously hydrating, has no fragrance, and is also non-comedogenic. The light-weight formula leaves my skin feeling soft and never makes me look oily but rather hydrated. I use it in both the morning and night, and I will never use another moisturizer again in my life! It's good for all skin types, and the price is super affordable.