To The Person Who Showed Me Not Settling Was Absolutely Worth The Wait

There comes a time where you meet the person who lights your soul with fire and love and it shows you why you didn't settle for less.

76
NBC Universal

To The Person Who Showed Me Not Settling Was Absolutely Worth It,

You came into my life and you've given me a lot of things - more than I could ever name off in this article, but a lot nonetheless.

You showed me no matter how many times people have showed me that I'm hard to love, that loving me to you is easy. You showed me that despite my insecurities about myself, that it's possible to find a person who embraces those things I hate about myself, and makes me forget them and sometimes even love them.

You showed me, among so many other things, that I could meet my sunshine in a person - the person who makes me forget all the bad things I've gone through. The person who has shown me that there's sunshine on the other side and that you can show me all your light and help light my dark too.

You showed me that there are people who WILL cherish the things I do for them.

That there are people who don't and won't get angry or upset at my successes but who will share my excitement with me and who will encourage me to keep going in order to achieve more and do what I've always wanted to do.

You showed me there are people who want the encouragement that I've had to give and those who want to grow in personal successes with me. You showed me that there's someone who wants to be with me, wants to love me like I deserve to be loved, wants to spend time with me, wants to be there for the dark times, and so much more.

You showed me all the good things, and although I know there will eventually be rough moments, you give me the faith and hope that working through them is the best choice, and giving up isn't an option.

You showed me loyalty, love, kindness, and so much more. You showed me that there are still people out there who are full of light no matter how many times life has shown them it's dark sides - this reminding me of myself, as I always try to stay positive through the darkest times.

All these things you've brought to me - love, faith, encouragement, light, and everything else you've given, if I had settled I would've never met you and at this point, having to imagine a point without you is a point I don't want to reach.

I adore you and love the fire and sunshine in your soul - thank you for showing me all these things. Here's to our time together to grow in love, but no matter where life takes us, I'll always be thankful for the things you've showed me.

Love, me.