Here are some things you should never say to twins.

12 Things You Should Stop Saying to Twins

We've probably already heard your joke 50 times.

990
Janet McCormick Photography

I am a twin and I have to say that it's pretty cool. It's always nice to have someone by your side during big transitions in life like going away to college. I really wouldn't have it any other way. When you're a twin, you are often subject to many questions and comments, and by that I mean many of the same questions and comments. Over, and over again. So, I've compiled a list of things you should stop saying to twins.

1. "Which one is the pretty one and which one is the smart one?"

"The Parent Trap"Giphy

Do I really need to explain why this is not an appropriate question to ask?

2. "Who's the mean one?"

"The Shining" twinsGiphy

We're actually both pretty nice.

3. "If I hit your sister will you feel it?"

Olsen twinsGiphy

Yeah, go ahead. I dare you!

4. "There's two of you?!"

"The Parent Trap"Giphy

Nope, there's just one of me.

5. "Are you twins?"

Me and the sisPaige Riddick

I don't know, you tell me.

6. "You all remind me of [insert famous set of twins here]."

Tia and TameraGiphy

This is something I've heard one too many times. Me and my sister were always told that we looked like and reminded people of Tia and Tamera. Sometimes it got to the point where people would actually call us by their names which was honestly a little weird.

7. "Can you read each other's minds?"

Mind ReadersGiphy

This one is usually annoying, but when we were in LA back in 2009 a family friend's husband would randomly ask us questions to see if we could really read each other's minds and it was hilarious. He is the only person I am ok with asking questions of this nature.

8. "What is it like being a twin?"

ShrugGiphy

I really couldn't tell you because I don't know what it's like to not be a twin.

9. "Are you single? Well, is your sister?"

Eye rollGiphy

Yes, I have actually been asked this question on multiple occasions and my reply is almost never a nice one.

10. "Do you ever switch places?"

"The Simpsons"Giphy

I guess this is a legit question, but I am asked this way too often. No, me and my sister have never switched places. Please don't go on a mini-rant about how we're boring because of this and what you would do if you were a twin.

11. "Do you have the same personalities?"

"Sister Sister"Giphy

This question doesn't take long to find the answer to. We're basically total opposites and sometimes I think the only similar thing about us is our looks.

12. "Do you all do everything together?"

"American Horror Story: Freak Show"Giphy

No! We can absolutely do things without one another. A few years ago I even left the country without my sister. Can you believe it?!