NEVA: The Activewear Brand That Goes Far Beyond Yoga Pants

"As moms with young children, we understand how important this is and how very important it is to show our children that we're working hard to make the world a better place a little bit at a time." -Sara Trucksess

51
Nevawear.com

Founded by Kansas City native Sacha Nana, NEVA is a higher standard of activewear for women and by women. More specifically, by women in South Asia.

NEVA activewear is designed to make you feel fit, inspired and confident. Confident in the athletic clothing as well as confident in the integrity of your purchase. NEVA is stylish and functional with added embellishment. Each piece of clothing is embroidered with inspiring and uplifting phrases such as “breath” and “act without expectation." However, that is not the only flare that makes NEVA activewear stand out from the crowd.

Women in South Asia are employed, earning 10 times a typical wage, to hand embroider the fashionable NEVA clothing. These talented artisans are not only paid livable wages, but through their employment with NEVA, they are given opportunity. In the region of South Asia, over 500 million people survive on less than $1.25 per day. Through their wages and employment, the NEVA women are given a chance to access healthcare, help their families and strive for a brighter tomorrow.

With NEVA activewear, women can look amazing in the stylish cropped yoga pants and athletic tops, while also feeling good about the message they are promoting and supporting. The hand-stitched messages are neat, clear and downright cute, giving NEVA clothing a distinct edge over competing activewear.

NEVA has not only found success through style and cause, but pricing also gives the brand an edge. A pair of NEVA cropped yoga pants run for around $59.00, while competitors retail for around $80.00. Not only does NEVA offer significantly lower prices, but they allow customers to make a purchase with confidence that the profits are being used to empower women.

NEVA founder, Sacha Nana, was inspired after several trips to South Asia where she experienced the harsh reality of women’s working conditions, which included less than one-third of working-age women with employment. When she first met our South Asian artisans they were living on less than $1.25 a day.

"Activewear is a multi-billion dollar industry that Western women spend unlimited amounts on daily without a second thought. But by incorporating this booming industry with the artisanal skills of women across the globe, a new kind of philanthropy was born. We call it Fitanthropic," Sara Trucksess (Sales and Marketing Director for NEVA) said.

The amazing people at NEVA did not stop there. "Our summer line is 100 percent made in America by women in a female-run factory in L.A. that is totally green and eco-friendly as well," Trucksess said. "We are offering fair, competitive wages to women who are empowered to earn their own income, all while being able to continue caring for their families from home."

NEVA is a brand that we can all rally around. Also, who doesn't love cute yoga pants?

Check out http://www.nevawear.com to learn more about the amazing mission and products that Sacha, Sara and the rest of the NEVA team are creating.