Netflix's "I AM A KILLER" Is Sure To Knock Your Socks Off

My review on the first episode on the latest thrilling crime show.

7

Recently, Netflix released a new season of "I AM A KILLER", a story which dives into the firsthand accounts of people convicted of murder, and their side of the story.

The season's first episode named "In Her Hands" introduces us to the story of an Oregon native, Lindsay Haugen. A brief, yet detailed, account of her early life recounts her descent into drug use and homelessness, before an unexpected pregnancy forces her to turn her life around for the better. After sobering up, Lindsay makes the decision to join the Army National Guard where she meets her new boyfriend with whom she eventually becomes engaged to. Their story was not happily ever after though, as he became extremely abusive and nearly killed her in a domestic violence situation. Following this horror, she left the relationship and he was promptly jailed.

The next chapter details the story of Lindsay and Robby and his relationship with Lindsay. She recounts the sweetest parts of their fairytale travels Eastward (remember this fact) across the country. All seems well, until the bombshell that Robby was not only depressed, but extremely suicidal. She recounts how he would pretend to shoot himself and say how unhappy he felt. All this culminates into the final claim that he directly asked her to kill him.

When the couple arrives in Billings, Montana, Lindsay claims that Robby begged her to kill him by strangulation in a Walmart parking lot. Once she does so, she is imprisoned and the strangest plot twist occurs. Lindsay becomes best friends with Robby's parents, who visit her in prison and hold regular video calls with her. They have completely forgiven her and cherish their friendship together.

This crazy story of Lindsay, Robby, and Robby's family is just one of the many tales told on "I AM A KILLER." Each episode follows a similar sequence that begins with the convicted killer sharing their side of the story. Just when they've got you on their side and you actually feel sorry for them, a detective or family member comes on the screen to completely dispose of what the convicted killer just said. After hearing the counterargument from the detectives or family members, it's hard to believe either side's invigorating stories. It's at this point in every episode that Netflix has you on your toes just waiting to see what will happen next.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who is interested in crime shows and wants a dramatic show to spice up their life. Netflix has really outdone themselves with this one and is sure to be a popular show for all.