If you are in the market for a new favorite show

10 Netflix Shows You Probably Don't Have On Your Radar But Should

If you are in the market for a new favorite show, look no further.

83
https://www.everypixel.com/image-13044392023913149374
Every Pixel

Don't we all seem to be searching for the best or newest show to watch on Netflix? Especially in college, most of us tend to be in desperate need of a show to binge-watch in order to avoid homework and studying. In order to aid in your procrastination, I created a list of some mainstream must-sees along with a handful of shows that seem to fly under the radar a little bit. Hopefully, within these 10 titles, you find a show that becomes your new favorite!

1. The Sinner

This show had to start the list off because it is the most recent series that I binged. I am not typically the type of gal to like this genre of TV show, but the production and plot of "The Sinner" are phenomenal. This crime mystery will have you zoned in almost immediately. It is so engaging to the point that I watched all of season one in two days.

2. The Fosters

"The Fosters" is likely a show more so favored by girls, but the character development and drama within the show are appealing to all audiences, in my opinion. The series features a hodge-podge family of biological, adopted, and foster kids that are faced with some very real-life issues. This was the first TV series that I actually watched all the way through, and it was most definitely worth it.

3. Glitch

This original Netflix series requires one to think far outside the box. It is essentially about this group of perfectly normal looking people that came back from the dead for some unknown reason. No, this isn't some cheesy zombie series. Instead, it is a very intriguing sci-fi mystery that will definitely hold the attention of anybody who starts watching it.

4. New Girl

I'm in GIF

Alright, this is one of the mainstream must-sees to which I alluded. But, man is this show good! I will be the first to say, though, that when I would watch random episodes of "New Girl" with my friends, I didn't understand what all the hype was about. If you want to fall in love with this series, start from the beginning and clear your schedule for a few days (or weeks) of binge watching.

5. Weirdo

I might be the weirdo who actually really enjoys watching stand-up comedy on Netflix. If you fall into this category with me, then watch Weirdo featuring the hysterical Donald Glover. Don't get me wrong, this comedy is nothing short of weird. You definitely need to be with your best friends that you're very comfortable around when watching this one. Nonetheless, it'll have you cracking up laughing.

6. Unabomber

Significantly different from stand-up comedy, this Netflix series depicts the true story of the Unabomber mystery that swept the United States in the 90's. This was an event I knew little about before watching this documentary of sorts, but it is a fascinating story that is told in a peculiar way. If you find interest in history or mystery, check this short series out.

7. Glee

Glee GIF

Glee is most certainly another mainstream title, but still worth the watch. I watched Glee during second semester of my sophomore year at Purdue. It was the perfect show that would put me in a good mood, distract me from school, and require little thought while watching it. Glee was a show I could turn on just for background noise while tuning in occasionally to keep up with what was going on. And, I mean, Lea Michelle is just perfect.

8. The OA

This Netflix original series is arguably even more "out there" than Glitch. The OA incorporates multiple dimensions and scientific concepts amongst a very obscure mystery. This is not a show you can turn on without paying attention. Not paying attention isn't really an option with the engaging plot, though. I would recommend watching this series on a rainy or cold weekend when all you want to do is be a couch potato.

9. Bo Burnham

This stand-up comedian is not only hilarious but incredibly clever which makes for an overall entertaining Netflix option. What makes his stand-up unique is how he cracks jokes through songs that he has written. Most of them could probably be perceived as moderately offensive, but if you want a good laugh that will kind of make you think for a second, Bo is your guy.

10.The Office

ASAP Office GIF

That brings me to my final suggestion which I know many people have already seen and fallen in love with. The Office is the perfect binge option in the event that you haven't yet sat down and started the hilarious series. If you do decide to start the show, it ought to last you awhile with nine seasons. Like New Girl, I believe The Office is a show that you must start from the beginning in order to truly appreciate and love Michael Scott's wild behavior.