7 Reasons Paxton From Netflix's 'Never Have I Ever' Is The Dream Boyfriend

7 Reasons Paxton From Netflix's 'Never Have I Ever' Is The TV BF You Want To Be Quarantined With

He's gotta be the one.

1411

Make room, John B, because Netflix wasted no time in introducing us to another dreamy television hottie — and I can't say I hate it one bit. "Never Have I Ever," the new comedy from Mindy Kaling, follows the "complicated life of a modern-day first-generation Indian American teenage girl" named Devi (inspired by Mindy's childhood).

As it goes, Devi's crush on the school hunk, Paxton Hall-Yoshida, inevitably will become yours too. So if you're looking for a reason to binge-watch it besides the fact that it's hilarious, here are seven reasons Paxton, played by 29-year-old Darren Barnet, is the next TV boyfriend you'll be dreaming about in quarantine:

Well... just look at him.

View this post on Instagram

zamn.

A post shared by Never Have I Ever (@neverhaveiever) on

That's it. That's the tweet sentence.

He's protective of his sister.

He’s a loyal friend.

Despite being annoyed at Devi for starting the rumor about them, he still has her back.

He doesn’t care what others think.

Because he has her back, he doesn't deny the rumors she started about them.

He’s not afraid to post her on his Instagram.

HAHA — this one's mostly a joke, but it's truly precious when he takes a selfie with Devi in the hospital to let everyone know she's OK.

He's responsible.

While everyone else was partying and drinking, Paxton was drinking Red Bull and acting as Devi's designated driver.

He’s caring.

View this post on Instagram

Tomorrow April 27th! Only on @netflix

A post shared by Darren Barnet (@darrenbarnet) on

After Devi gets into a fight with her friends, Paxton genuinely inquires about whether she's OK.

Binge-Watch Kit

As an Amazon Affiliate, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.