7 Netflix Documentaries You NEED To Watch & Digest During This Quarantine

It has been two weeks since this quarantine started, and you're probably bored out of your mind. If you're anything like me, you've barely left your room, procrastinated on online classes and scrolled through an endless Instagram feed. Long story short, isolation is getting repetitive. So, what better way to spend your time than logging on to Netflix and watching a few amazing documentaries that'll bring you back to the outside world?

1. "Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem, and Madness"

Not only is he a crazy, gun-toting, flamboyant showman, Joe Exotic is also the proclaimed king of tigers. In this docu-series, you'll learn about the weird world of big cats in America from both the activist, Carole Baskin, and zoo operator's sides. If that's not interesting enough, it delves into the severe reality of dealing with big cats, which even led to a murder-for-hire.

2. "The Trials Of Gabriel Fernandez"

If you're looking for a captivating storyline and a good cry during quarantine, THIS is the documentary for you. It explains the tragic story of eight-year-old Gabriel Fernandez, who was heavily abused by his mother and step-father and sadly passed away. It exposes the cruelty in our world and the dangerous flaws within California's child services.

3. "Conspiracy"

Are you a conspiracy theory believer at heart? In this documentary, multiple theorists and experts discuss the potential hidden truths behind many events, from the existence of aliens to the moon landing being faked, and even if Pearl Harbor was just a political play!

4. "Pandemic: How to Prevent an Outbreak"

This docu-series came out at an eerily convenient time, with the first episode premiering on January 22, 2020, just weeks before Coronavirus was officially declared a pandemic. It reveals the difficulties of healthcare workers as they deal with influenza, but it is such an informative source to compare to our isolated world today. If you want an inside look on how pandemics are handled and the struggles within, then this is for you!

5. "Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things"

Quarantine is the perfect time to declutter and reconnect. This documentary shows us the lives of minimalists who believe that living with less actually gives you more. Also, it wouldn't hurt to save money while at home with a new minimalist lifestyle!

6. "Our Planet"

The documentary features spectacular habitats and cute animals while discussing the importance of environmental awareness. It's also narrated by David Attenborough, so enough said.

7. "Girls Incarcerated: Young and Locked Up"

Picture reality TV meets teen drama meets "Beyond Scared Straight," and you'll get this documentary. It has two seasons that pull you into the lives of young girls in juvenile detention at different American facilities. The girls experience new love, loss and a harsh reality while trying to grow up, learn and mature behind bars.