Just What You Needed To Hear

Just What You Needed To Hear

Forgive yourself.

326
Just What You Needed To Hear
Public Domain Pictures

Here's what you need to hear: It's OK.

I have selected a phrase that is extremely vague on purpose. I want to let you know that whatever is going on in life right now, it is OK. You should be able to accept your life for its current state.

If you are struggling to make it through your classes - it's OK. If you haven't landed that perfect summer job yet - it's OK. If you are going through a messy breakup -it's OK. Whatever that thing may be - it's OK!

I have recently felt trapped by the thought of "it is not OK." I feel like things that I do need to be rationalized or explained because they are wrong. Well, that's a very difficult way to live life. It's so unforgiving and restrictive.

This concept really goes along the lines of, it's OK to not be OK. See if you read that statement closely, you see this phrase that I have been emphasizing: "it's OK." It's OK to not be perfect! When things go wrong we need exercise forgiveness with ourselves and be patient.

On the other hand, when things are actually going great, we should be able to enjoy it and be happy. Society has taught us not to 'gloat,' and we should not talk about our accomplishments. I think we should be able to say, "hey, things are great, and it's OK to talk about."

Know that wherever you are and whatever you are doing at this moment of life is OK. If something needs to change, do it in a patient and forgiving way.