Why We Need to be Spreading Positivity

Why We Need to be Spreading Positivity

This world is a dark, scary place, but it doesn't have to be.

101
Why We Need to be Spreading Positivity

Unless you live under a rock, you know that recently there has been a lot of negativity going on in our country. One thing I've noticed in particular is that we are buying into the hate and allowing it to spread like wildfire. I have seen countless contradicting articles, comments, and Tweets. This made me ask myself the question: what would happen if we used these platforms to spread positivity rather than negativity? Could we make it spread like wildfire?

I personally have recently decided to challenge myself to post something positive on all of my social media platforms for 30 days. I have chosen to take part in 30 Days of Bible Lettering (http://30daysofbiblelettering.com/). However, I do not plan on stopping there. Social media is a great thing, but it has become a place where many people post negative things about themselves, other people, and the things going on around the world. It could also be used to turn that negativity around. If you see a post where someone is talking negatively about themselves, post something about them that you admire or appreciate. If you see a post you disagree with, don't be argumentative, but respectfully communicate your opinion. If we took five seconds to think about what we were saying rather than flying off the handle the world would already be a better place.

It doesn't take much to spread light when the world in which we live has become so dark. Tell someone you appreciate them and what they do, take someone working hard in their yard a glass of lemonade, have a 30-second dance party. We must remember that we are human beings, not republicans, democrats, religious, not religious, upper class, lower class, or whatever other label we wish to use. I'm not saying don't talk about politics and the things going on in this world, but let's not let that consume us. Don't buy into the hate, but be the light that needs to be shone in the world.