Why You Need A Band

Why You Need A Band

Because everyone has that one song that reminds them of that one time.

13
Why You Need A Band
Metro Lyrics

So, you're probably thinking, why do I need a band? I'm not musically talented, I can't sing, I sure can't dance. Well, lucky for you, that's not what I mean at all.

Every time I think back on my life, I can't help but think about music. I mean, who doesn't love music? Of course, there are some of us, but for most of us - music plays a big part in our lives. Wether it's music that we listen to on the way to work, when we workout, or music in a movie or the radio, we've all heard something that brings us back to wanting to hear that song one more time, play the beginning one more time, and preset the radio to the station with our new favorite band.

Music is so powerful. It can tell a story, change our moods, change our minds and decisions. It's influential in so many ways to us and that's why I think it's important to have at least one band. But not just any band, YOUR band. THE band.

And again, I'm not saying start one, I'm just saying - find one that you love and let it save you.

I can remember a bad day, a sad day, a happy day, where all I wanted to do was crank up the music of my mood and fit the words in between every tiny place I couldn't fit a feeling anymore. And let me tell you, it worked. It's so important to find something that motivates you, makes you headstrong, makes you happy, sad, angry - drives you. Find something that makes you feel.

There are so many different genres of music, some I like and some I would only play once, but I can say for myself that I have found my band. It may not have been the first band I ever liked, but now they are the one that I love. Their music has saved my soul, it has saved my decisions, and it is influenced my life. They have altered my many moods, my decisions, and my thoughts. They take me back to a place where I can remember not wanting tomorrow to come, where I can remember how I made it - how I conquered, where I found my happy and realized it in their songs. There is something special to be said for a band that allows you fall in love with them.

So, whenever you're having a sad moment, a bad day, overwhelming thoughts, a joyous time, or just need a quick smile - crank up your band's best tunes and jam out in the best way you know how. Let them save you, let them drive you. Let their words tell your feelings and fill in the tiny places where you just can't find the words for feelings. Start the song over one thousand times, head bang into the wall, and cry until your face is an ocean.

Find your band.