Natural Remedies To Help Start The New Year Right

These practices can help improve your skin and overall health when used frequently.

234

The start of a new year is a time where we feel like we can reset ourselves and begin a new chapter of our lives. Some people strive to meet massive resolutions and other people, such as myself, like to strive to fix smaller things in their life. In my opinion, this method increases your chances of success. Sometimes achieving little successes can have a ripple effect, improving greater problems that you have. My goal this year, especially during this upcoming semester, is to do what I can to better take care of myself. Just recently I learned about some natural remedies that not only can make you feel more pampered and healthy, but also save you money and from creating unnecessary waste.

For starters, my skin is always crying out for help. Maybe I wash my hands too much or something, but they are always dry. Apparently, avocados are not just tasty but are great for moisturizing your skin. I have used this trick quite a few times now as I often overestimate how long my avocado needs to ripen. Instead of throwing it out, I mash up my avocado and slather it on for like 20 minutes. It's a little messy, but I feel a thousand times better afterward.

Additionally, coconut oil seems to have the capability to be used for anything. You literally could be cooking with the coconut oil one minute and use it to hydrate your hair the next. Coconut oil can even be used to get rid of lice. That's crazy, right? Personally, I use it as another way to take care of my skin. Just a little scoop is plenty to sooth my scaly hands.

Now the next natural remedy goes out to all the ladies. Don't underestimate the power of the cranberry because you can prevent UTIs by ingesting them. They contain the glorious chemical called proanthocyanidins, which prevent bacteria from accumulating on the lining of your bladder. While its recommended to drink unsweetened cranberry juice, I say that you should add them whenever you can to your diet. It doesn't hurt to be a little extra with your cranberries because it can save you a lot of pain and money in the future.

While the next remedy is often known for its digestive benefits, when it contains "live active cultures", yogurt can even decrease your chances of getting sick. Just make sure that it contains if it contains Lacobacillus reuteri, otherwise, your yogurt will only taste delicious. All I know is that when it comes to exam time, I will definitely be eating more yogurt to make sure that I am on my A game.

Of course, there are many other natural remedies out there that I didn't even touch on. I have just had the best experiences with these and find them the easiest to make a habit. Nature has so much to offer us and all we have to do is put the effort into researching what simple remedies will impact our lives the best. As long as you are making smart choices for your own personal health and are paying attention to any precautions that may exist, why not give some natural remedies a go?