National Adoption Awareness Month: A Thank You to my family

Yes i ask for gifts; We're celebrating ME!

23

November is a very special month in my family. First comes my birthday (Nov 4th!!!!!) #ScorpioSeasonYouHeardddddddd, then will come the birth of my niece, my grandma's birthday (my favorite lady of all time <3), my moms birthday, and lastly, my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving (Ya'll know you like to eat too). However, this month isn't just special because we get to celebrate birthdays and eating, it is also National Adoption Awareness Month. November 19th is National Adoption Day (yes I ask my family for gifts on this day because I'm high maintenance and low-key selfish af). While I will post a fact, misconception or personal opinion on adoption each day of the month on Facebook, I wanted to first take the time to individually thank my family again for giving me this life.

Mom,

We may not get along 100% of the time, but what mother-daughter duo does? We definitely push each others buttons but its in our nature. Everything I am is because of you. Thank you for being you (most of the time).

Dad,

I appreciate your constant effort to be funny. I appreciate how you respect the boundaries Ive set forth as Ive gotten older and no longer feel as though I need to text you every half hour to let you know where I am (every couple of hours works doesn't it? see I told you it would!) Thank you for always being there (wallet ready and all).

Katie,

Thank you for being a super sister, for teaching me how to grow up and be a woman, for sometimes answering your phone and letting my always borrow clothes (which you sometimes get back).

Jack,

Thank you for being my best friend. I know I'm a pain in the ass, but you created this monster. Thank you for showing me how to be strong, for helping me follow my dreams, for always reminding me that no matter what, im your little sister and for loving me even when I'm being argumentative or too talkative.

Owahn,

Thank you for being the best brother in law I could have ever asked for. From your sense of humor to your crazy antics to your down to earth personality, you've always made sure I was included in your life as much as possible and I'm forever grateful for that.

Nicky,

Thank you for being the best sister in law I could have ever asked for. Thank you for always taking my side when Jack tries to pick on me, even when Ive started it. I cant wait to see what life has in store for us.

I love you guys.