Nashville Has Sang It's Last Song

Nashville Has Sang It's Last Song

After four incredible seasons, Nashville has been cancelled.

4
Nashville Has Sang It's Last Song
Wikia

Last Wednesday I had to sit in front of the television in my living room and say goodbye to my absolute favorite television series, Nashville. After four incredible years, the series has ended. Buy why? This show had drama, it had great music, and it had great acting. Why would they possibly cancel it? I sat there and hoped that they would tie up any loose ends in the series finale. Would Maddie be reunited with her family? Would Rayna and Deacon stay together? Would Scarlett and Gunner get back together (this was probably my number one concern).

It is a wonder if they knew that this show was coming to a sad close. I know it will be missed by millions. For the past four years, I have spent every Wednesday night at ten p.m. sitting in front of my television on the edge of my seat. I screamed at the television and sent out a dozen tweets about how the episode was going. I don’t think a single episode went by that did not make me cry as I got too involved in the drama of the television characters while singing along to all of their beautiful songs (I could listen to Scarlett and Gunner's music all day).

As the last twenty minutes of this season finale began I panicked at how much still needed to be answered. Thankfully, the ending of the show was perfect, or at least it was until the last minute of the show. Maddy came home. Deacon and Rayna stayed together. Layla lost everything. Most importantly, Scarlett and Gunner are back together! There was even a happy ending for Juliette, Avery, and Cadence- or so it seemed. I guess the show could not complete the series with everything perfect because of course they had to throw in a missing jet plane in the last one minute of the series finale just to keep the fans anxious. The fans can develop their own ideas and theories for what happened to Juliette and her jet plane. With an ending like that I can only hope that another station picks up Nashville. Hopefully if this does happen, the new station will do the show justice. At the least, I hope that even if no other station picks up the show that we will at least get a statement from the writers explaining the outcome of the cliffhanger within the next few years. This has been done before, although it is usually years after the show ends, unfortunately. That is all I can hope for all of the Nashville fans out there: answers (and hopefully happy ones). Either way, congratulations to the writers of Nashville for such a successful television show, and thank you for bringing me such an addicting show to fall in love with each week. It was one of my favorite parts of Wednesdays for many years.