Democrats Disdain For 'Middle America' Is Hurting The Country

Rather than promote unity, political leaders want to sow discord.

85
LifeNews.com

On Inauguration Day, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi made an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” and proceeded to use the platform to attack Middle America on a day where any public appearances should have been used to help try and bring the American people together. During the interview, host Joe Scarborough asked Nancy Pelosi how the Democratic Party plans to “reconnect… with Middle America” and people who feel “like… they are looked down upon because of their faith or values.”

Rather than explain how the Democratic Party plans to reconnect with Middle America, Nancy Pelosi increased the divide between the two sides by saying, “[Middle America doesn’t] think Democrats are people of faith when the fact is that we are… I say they pray in church on Sunday and prey on people the rest of the week…”

This is why the Democratic Party lost the election.

The Democratic Party is continuously making egregious comments like the one made by Nancy Pelosi and they do not seem to understand that identity politics and insulting their political opponents has not gained them any support. People are tired of being labeled as bigots, particularly those who are Christian and Conservative, and they are not going to put up with it anymore.

A friend asked me the other day if I thought America was as divided as everyone says it is. This was a hard question for me to answer. There is clearly a divide in this country along political lines, racial lines, and religious lines. How great that divide is, and whether there can be any form of reconciliation, I do not know.

Instead of blaming one side of the aisle over the other, though with my own biases I put more blame on the Liberal elite, I blame the political leaders in this country like Nancy Pelosi, along with the American citizens on the fringe of society, whether it be the anarchists and alt-right or the far Left communists and socialists, for creating this divide. Those in power and those who get the most media coverage have the ability to shape the political landscape and the way the American people view the country in which they live.

Nancy Pelosi is an establishment politician who is out of touch with the American people and she does not seem to understand that her party’s hypocrisy and political attacks cost them the White House and Congress. Pelosi wants Middle America to jump on board with the Democratic Party’s progressive agenda, support bigger government, and forfeit their beliefs and faith for whatever the political Left says is right. Pelosi claims that it is Middle America that preys on others when it is quite the opposite. People like Pelosi preach love and tolerance and ask for peace while in the next breath, in public and in private, sow discord. Middle America would rather be left alone than have Pelosi hypocritically shove a Leftist agenda down their throats.

Middle America is comprised of hard-working men and women, people of faith and non-faith and they have a voice that deserves to be heard. It seems Pelosi would rather have them be shut up. Pelosi does not seem to understand the life of Middle America or why Middle Americans hold the views that they do. A family friend, who would like to remain anonymous to avoid any potential backlash for their comments, explained this well by talking about their own family upbringing and parents’ life:

Comments like the one made by Pelosi are not going to go away anytime soon. The political left and political right are going to be at each other’s throats for the next four years and it is not going to be fun to watch. The anger and resentment for the other side of the political aisle are only going to rise unless something drastic happens. The vast majority of the American people that are sane, not the alt-right or the far left communists and socialists, need to come together and find some common ground to say that they are not going to tolerate this type of behavior.

Something has to change because as the late President Abraham Lincoln stated, “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”