A Letter To My Grandmothers

To my Yia-Yia and Nana,

This week, I decided to write a special letter to share with you. To begin, I love you both endlessly. Your grace and love have made me into the young woman that I am today. You are both women that I strive to be the older I become.

I do not understand why I am as lucky as I am to have the two of you in my life, but I am not complaining! I look to you both for advice all of the time. It is not uncommon for me to call, email or even text you (ha ha!). My sister and I are so blessed to have you as our grandmothers and I can without a doubt say that we look up to you both.

As a young girl, I never understood what it was like to not have a grandmother, let alone two! I grew up with both of you … literally! It continues to be my honor to be your grandchild and I hope that I make you proud. Thank you for being my idols.

Even though this is a short letter, you know how I feel. There are not enough words to help me explain to people how you both have such an effect on my life. I enjoy talking to you, listening to you, but most of all, spending time with you. So, yet again, thank you for being the women that you are, but most of all, for being my grandmas.

I love you, I love you, I love you.