My Voice Will Be Heard

My Voice Will Be Heard

Speak your mind, my darling.

3
My Voice Will Be Heard
Digital Design by: Brianna Lorenzen

I have a voice, you know. I'm a woman, and I have a voice, do you understand? I have a voice and you aren't letting me use it. I have a voice, and I have something to say. I have a voice and am speaking for every woman in this country and world who has never gotten the chance to speak up because they are as well, a woman. A woman that is strong, independent, and sometimes can get emotional if no one stops to listen what I, or shall I say we, have a voice and no one wants to hear it. We live in a world where in society in order to get a mans attention, we have to parade around in pounds and pounds of paint on our faces that hide our true beauty. We have to act fake just to get people to like us. If we don't like something that they don't, we get criticized for it. If we have an opinion of something that is different from theirs, they get offended easily. We live in a world where if we don't please someone else the right way, they will want to leave and find someone that is much better than us.

We live in a world where yes, in some cultures, woman aren't treated with respect, and neither are men in most cases. Men and women all over the world are taken advantage of, and are criticized for things. Men don't have feelings? Yeah, okay, tell me this again when I have to help my boyfriend out when he gets upset about something. No, I'm not going to judge him for crying. I'm going to console and cheer him up because I care about him and love him so much. Woman can't breastfeed in public? Please, don't give me that bull. Closed minded people like this don't know that this is the most natural way of feeding your children, and women shouldn't have to be ridiculed over trying to feed their child. If you don't like it, too bad. Please, take a number and stand in line with the others waiting for me to care about your opinion. If a woman wants to breastfeed in public, by all means breastfeed. Don't look if it disgusts you.

I have a voice, and I have a dream. Just like every other human being in this world. I have a voice, and so do many other women. Women are sexualized in the entertainment industry. We as women have to teach our daughters, and my future daughters that you shouldn't have to look like the Playboy model, or a VS Angel. We need to teach that it is okay to have a little extra meat on you. No one is born perfect, it is just the entertainment industry that is making it seem like you have to have this perfect body that doesn't exist. It's all Photoshop. It's all airbrushed content. It's okay to not wear makeup all the time, sometimes guys just want to see you wear less makeup because to them your natural beauty is more attractive than the face mask you plaster over your face.

I have a voice, and right now, maybe someone will listen. Maybe somewhere out there in the world, a girl is reading this right now and is trying to get her voice heard, but is too afraid. Maybe somewhere a girl is reading this and is going through a tough time because she might think she is not good enough, but she is good enough. If you aren't good enough for one person who doesn't think you're good enough and is just dragging you along, let that person go, you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. You are good enough, and we need to stop making you seem like you aren't good enough, when in reality, you are. Just the person you will be with next will be good enough for you, just as good enough you will be for them. Stop trying to make girls feel bad about themselves. Stop trying to make guys feel bad about themselves. We live in a world full of hatred when it should be a world filled with love.