My Top 10 Games To Play For The Story

My Top 10 Games To Play For The Story

When books and TV don't immerse like they used to, just grab one of these games

130
My Top 10 Games To Play For The Story
https://www.psych2go.net

We all like a good story, especially when they immerse us. So what can tell us a good story other than books and movies? How about Video Games? I've been playing video games since I was eight-years-old so since then I have play A LOT of video games. Here are the top 10 video games to play that will give you the best story.

10. Call of Duty Black Ops 3

PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox one and PC

WHAT!? CALL OF DUTY! Yep. This entrance to the record breaking franchise gives players full immersion. As a soldier, obviously, the player must learn to fight with their newly augmented bodies after losing limbs to killer robot soldiers. As the game progress, the player discovers that the A.I. connects you with the rest of your squad has begun taking control. with moral dilemmas, harsh truths and tough choices, any player will find a story that makes them question themselves as each choice is made.

9. Journey

PS3 and PS4

Journey tells a silent story. With the player taking control of the wanderer, they travel across a desert, through ancient ruins, an underwater cavern, then up a frozen mountain. As each area is passed, you discover the truth about those who came before you through visions. what makes this game truly immersive is the excellent graphics and deep sense of wonder. The game play may only last a few hours, but the experience will stay with you.

8. The Witcher 3 The Wild Hunt

PS4, Xbox One and PC

The next adventure with your favorite alcoholic, sex-fiend, monster hunter has come. Geralt of Rivia is on the hunt for his long lost daughter Ciri and in extension his lover Yenneffer the sorceress. With a massive open world, the Witcher 3 gives the player a deep story with even the simplest of missions. from the story about the alchemist trying to save her patient, but is becoming worried when she can't find a solution to the baron whose wife has died and daughter has run away. every encounter gives more to the continued expansion of this already huge lore. Also there is indeed heavy blood and guts, alcohol abuse and sexual interactions throughout the game. Keep this one out of your kids hands.

7. Uncharted Series

PlayStation only

The story of Nathan Drake is long, painful and hilarious. From finding El Dorado to Shambala to a lost pirate treasure. Will constant help from his long time mentor Victor "Sully" Sullivan and the journalist Elena Fisher, with a medley of other characters. Nathan is pulled into worlds of the mythological and ancient all for the thrill of discovery.

6. Bioshock

Playstation, Xbox and PC

With a dark secret, the city of Rapture welcomes you to visit, if you survive getting there. Andrew Ryan had enough, enough of bureaucrats and enough of people no being able to follow their dreams if they are willing to work for it. You fight your way through the ruined corridors and rooms, discovering what happened to a place where innovation was the name of the game. With you only friend who goes by the name of Atlas, you hunt down the perpetrator Ryan. finally, as you do one thing after another, you get asked a question, Does a man follow blindly or does he lead the way. after reading this would you kindly leave a comment of your favorite video game to play for the story.

5. Red Dead Redemption

Playstation, Xbox and PC

Life as an outlaw isn't all about escaping the law and getting the girl. Sometimes it's about revenge. John Marston just wants to settle down with his wife, son and drunk uncle, but his past will forever haunt him unless he does something about it. Taken into the control of the US government John must travel across the desert of the Texas Mexico boarder, hunting down the members of his old gang if he ever wants to see his family again. The journey of a man just trying to do right is never an easy one, but he will do what it takes. Meeting people from all walks of life, learning more about what it means to move on and learning how to live with the death of the west. Each player will find a lesson in this game even if it's the hero doesn't always win in the end.

4. Spec Ops: The Line

Playstation, Xbox and PC

When this game was first revealed, many people just scoffed thinking it was just another poorly made shooter trying to ride the hem of Gears of War. This was not the case. Never has the horrors of war and the choices made in it been so blatantly shown. Death walks hand in hand for every moment of this third person shooter. as the captain of special ops squad you must fight your way through enemies and discover the location of an AWOL Colonel. You discover desecrated bodies of civilians and destruction of lives as you make your way through the ruin city of Dubai. Be ready to question how far you'll go for the truth because this game will push you FAR.

3. Portal

Xbox and PC

Puzzles, a gun that defies physics, false desserts and a murderous robot A.I. are all you need to make a good story. what happened to every one, why is this robot trying to murder my face and how in the hell do I get out? As Chell, you make your way through a testing lab run by Glados, the A.I. that was designed to run test and test subjects to their limits. It's all fun and games till you get tricked by cake.

2. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Playstation, Xbox and PC

Ahh, GTA, how many parent's jaws dropped when they saw what this game really entailed. as Carl "CJ" Johnson, you simply help your neighborhood and gang grow back to the power it used to be. Fighting other gangs and the police can frazzle anyone, but when you get the freedom to do as you please, that can turn into fun. become the top dog in a story of bottom feed to main kahuna. It's all for one and one for all. Still watch your back.

1. The Last of Us

Playstation only

The story of human extinction has been do again and again, but rarely is the interactions of day to day life explored. Joel saw the start of the end and learned to survive quick for the sake of his brother. When his daughter dies at the start he becomes cold and calculating and in a world of kill or be killed, that's how you survive. He is hired to smuggle a girl out of the walled up city. All he knows is that it pays well and that's all he needs to say yes. Ellie is a fourteen year old bad mouthed girl with a switchblade and she's the cure for the end. A fungus has taken control and when the dead come back, the fungus is the cause. Ellie can stop it but only if she gets free of a dystopian city to the last real hospital. When Joel's partner is bitten by one of the creatures she forces him to swear to take Ellie all the way. Saying yes, Joel and Ellie discover what it's like to have someone to care about after so long taking care of only themselves. It will give perspective of what might have to be done when the world has ended and the few people that you can trust will stick a knife in your back if it means survival. It will also show how strong relationships can get when they are built off of shared experience and not blood.