The 10 Biggest Oscar Snubs The World Will Miss Out On

Some films definitely deserved a nomination ...

156
YouTube

On Tuesday, January 24, 2017, the nominations for the 2017 Oscars were announced. There were nice suprises like Denzel Washington, Viola Davis, "Fences", "Moonlight", "Hidden Figures", "O.J.: Made in America", "13th", and "Kubo and the Two Strings", there were also big snubs like last year. What movies should have been nominated? What actor deserves a nomination? Any effects and screenplays left out that should of been nominated? Like most people, I am going to make a list of movies that got snubbed.

1. "Sing Street": I have talked about this film to death already, but it is such a good movie if you haven't seen it already. This was the biggest snub and suprise of al the nominees this year, because John Carney's previous two films ("Once" and "Begin Again") have been nominated for best original song, with the song "Falling Slowly" ("Once") winning the Oscar.I thought that "Sing Street" deserved Best Picture, Best Director (John Carney), Best Supporting Actor (Jack Reynor), Best Original Screenplay, and Best Original Song ("Drive it Like You Stole It") nominations.

2. "The Nice Guys": This was also on my best of the year list. It was funny, well acted, one of the best screenplays of 2016 and really well directed. I felt it deserved Best Picture, Best Director (Shane Black), Best Actor (for both Russell Crowe and Ryan Gossling), Best Original Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Costume Design, and Best Production Design.

3. "Deadpool": While Ryan Renolds gave a great performance of the merc with a mouth, that's not what it should have been nominated for. It shoulud have been nominated for Best Adapted Screenplay (Based on the Marvel Comic) and Best Visual Effects. The movie cost $55 Million to make and the effects are amazing.

4. "A Monster Calls": While the film came out the first weekend in January (seriously, please go find this film), this film was in select cities on Christmas Day. It should have been nominated for Best Picture, Best Director (J.A. Bayona), Best Actor (Lewis MacDougall), Best Supporting Actor (Liam Neeson), Best Supporting Actress (Felicity Jones and Sigourney Weaver), Best Adapted Screen Play, Best Production Design, and Best Visual Effects.

5. "Weiner": Another film I have talked way too much about, this should have been a sure fire nomination for Best Documentary.

6. "Audrie & Daisy": Another documentary nomination that was snubbed. This Netflix Documentary should have been nominated, know that "13th" was nominated and that was a Netfilx Documentary.

8. "Fences": I know that it's nominated for Best Picture, Best Actor (Denzel Washington), Best Supporting Actress (Viola Davis), and Best Adapted Screen Play. There was one person they forgot to recognize, that is Mykelti Williamson for his Supporting Role in "Fences" as Gabriel. It was a down to earth and honest performance and Best Director for Denzel Washington for giving one of the most well-made films of 2016.

9. "Kung Fu Panda 3": The third entry in the "Kung Fu Panda" franchise was snubbed for Best Animated Picture. While I am glad that more forgein animation are getting more recognition, this should have been a sure nomination for the accademy to nominate.

10. "Sausage Party": You read correctly, "Sausage Party" should have been nominated for a few oscars. I felt that this film should have gotten Best Animated Picture, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Orignal Song ("The Great Beyond")