My Top 10 Favorite Date Ideas

My Top 10 Favorite Date Ideas

When dinner and a movie just isn't enough

15
My Top 10 Favorite Date Ideas
Pintrest
"Life is way too short to be worrying about what your next date activity will be."

The concept of dating is something that we are all familiar with. However, picking an activity to do with your significant other isn't always the easiest thing to do. It can become quite difficult to choose something that you both like to do. Maybe you like going out while your significant other likes to stay in. Maybe you love nature, but your significant other isn't too fond of the idea. Whatever it may be, life is way too short to be worrying about what your next date activity will be. Here are some of my favorite date ideas that can hopefully get you out of your dating rut.

1.) Going on a picnic

Picnicking is one of my all time favorite things to do! It's very inexpensive and you can get as adventurous as you want to. Just grab a blanket, a picnic basket to put all of your favorite foods in, and your favorite foods of course!

2.) Going on a hike

For those who love nature and the outdoors, hiking is a great date idea for you. Weather permitting, you can go at your own pace and explore the great outdoors with your significant other while getting to know them better. Even those who don't like hiking can find the fun in spending time with their significant other.

3.) Going to a waterpark

Yes, I love going to waterparks. They are so much fun! Although this is an activity that is limited to the summer time, it is still a great way to spend time with your significant other. Whether it be waiting in line to go on the biggest waterslide they have or slowly floating down the lazy river, there is never a dull moment at a waterpark.

4.) Stay at home movie nights

Tired of going to the movie theater all the time? Why not try a stay at home movie night? You and your significant other can pick your favorite movie to watch together, pop some popcorn, and snuggle up next to each other with a blanket. You can even make things a little more interesting and create your own fort with pillows and blankets and create your own theater!

5.) Roller skating/ ice skating

I know that this is one of many cliché date ideas that almost everyone thinks of. However, this activity is greatly overlooked. In my opinion, there is nothing better than hold your significant other's hand while trying not to fall on your butt at the same time! Whether you're good at skating or not, it is still a fun date idea to get to experience together.

6.) Going to the library

For all of the book worms out there, the library may be the perfect date for you. Reading with your significant other is one of the most romantic things I can think of. Just grab some coffee and a good book and you're all set.

7.) Cooking a meal together

There is always that one couple who loves to cook together. Cooking is a great time to spend time with your significant other while learning how to cook one of your favorite dishes. You can either stick to something simple like pizza or go for something a little more exotic such as grilled salmon with lemon zest. Whatever you may choose, cooking with your significant other will make it even better.

8.) Game nights!

Board games and card games are so much fun! Nowadays, society gets so caught up in using different forms of technology that they forget that there is a social aspect of a relationship. Use this opportunity to associate with your significant other and add a little competition into the mix.

9.) Going out for ice cream

Ice cream is amazing.....enough said.

10.) Taking a trip to the beach

There is nothing more fun and romantic than taking a walk on the beach at sunset. I myself have not yet experienced a beach date, but I can tell you that going to the beach is always a fun time. You can sit in the warm sand and smell the salty, sea air. It's refreshing. Not a fan of the beach? Try walking on the boardwalk. There is usually something fun for everyone there.

Interested in joining the Messiah community? Apply here.