My Thoughts on the Sorry I Am/Not a Size 00 Feud

We need to stop apologizing for who we are.

13
Google

In the last week, I have come about two different articles. One called "Sorry I'm a Size 00" and another article called "Sorry I'm Not Sorry I'm Not a Size 00". While reading both of these articles I had a lot of thoughts that went through my head, as I'm sure most readers did. Whether or not you agreed with one over the other, the wheels were turning while this feud was going on.

The first thought that crossed my mind was, why are these girls apologizing? What were they sorry for? The fact that they had a certain body type that others may not? I felt for both of these girls that wrote the articles. They felt it was necessary to apologize to the world for their body, and that did not sit well with me. It also didn't sit well that they felt the need to defend why there bodies are the way they are, and they should to have to do that. The size 00 girl didn't choose to be a size 00, it is just what happened. And the size 10 or 12 girl, also didn't choose to be that size either, but that is what they are and instead of defending it, they should be embracing their beautiful bodies.

This is all coming from a girl who has always been on the thicker side, but I have come to terms with that and I know what to do to change it. So, when reading these articles and feeling sad that these girls felt the need to write that they were "sorry" for being who they are, I felt like I should share my thoughts about it all.

The biggest thought that has been buzzing through my mind is, why is there so much hostility towards girls when it comes to size? The skinny girl is mad because she wants to gain some weight, because everyone thinks she's anorexic, so she feels the need to defend her body. The thick girl is mad because the skinny girl is complaining about how skinny she is, and all the thick girl wants is to be as skinny as the skinny girl. That should not be a thing at all. As women, we already deal with enough criticism from men when it comes to how we look. So, instead of being hasty towards each other, we should be embracing ourselves as well as others. The thick girls need to tell the skinny girls they're amazing, and the skinny girls need to do the same.

So, for both girls that wrote those amazing articles, don't apologize for having the body you do. You are beautiful, and that won't change no matter what size.