My Thoughts on 'After You'

My Thoughts on 'After You'

Why it's worth the read

3
My Thoughts on 'After You'
Ashley Weaver

Many people fell in love with Louisa (Lou) Clark and Will Traynor in Me Before You, but not many people have read the sequel After You because they don't want to ruin the image of Lou and Will. For those of you who have yet to read After You, this will contain spoilers so you might want to stop reading here. If you are unsure if you want to read it because you don't want to taint the image of Lou and Will, this will still contain spoilers but this might help you decide on whether or not it is worth reading even though this article will sway more one way than the other.

SPOILERS START HERE:

For all of you that have seen spoilers saying the Lou gets with another quadriplegic, that's false. She doesn't although she does get into another relationship and the story ends with her getting on a plane to go to New York to meet Nathan, Will's old caretaker, and help take care of a quadriplegic. We'll get into this new man later.

A lot does happen within the 352 pages of After You but it's not all bad. After You does take you on an emotional roller coaster, but can you really expect anything less with JoJo Moyer?

Within the first chapter, Lou is falling off the top of the building, but she ends up being fine. She doesn't end up a quadriplegic, but her hip does hurt her every know in then. Our "favorite" character Patrick does show up for a couple of pages, but then he leaves and isn't brought up again. Thank you for that JoJo. Oh and did I mention Will had a daughter?

Overall, I loved After You. I read it in a day and couldn't put it down. For me Lou getting in a relationship didn't taint Lou and Will for me. For me, it was part of the healing process for her. She had come to accept that Will was gone and she moved on. That isn't to say she doesn't love Will anymore, but she's not being swallowed by her grief. I would give this book a four out of five stars just because I wish it hadn't ended when it did. I will always have the image of Lou and Will, but sometimes you have to change your image to fit your characters and that's exactly what Ms. Moyer did for me.