My sister, My role model.
Siblings

My sister, My role model.

you’re the best person I know.

102
My sister, My role model.

my little sister IS my best friend. I’m so blessed to have someone to goof around with, to sing songs in the car with, to make fun of, to talk about how much we love Jennifer Aniston, then watch Friends on repeat with, and lastly to always be by my side no matter what.

This passed year has been a really hard one. My little sister was in an accident that caused her to lose her right leg from below the knee, down. I stayed at Riley Hospital with her for 2 and a half weeks. That 2 and a half weeks made us closer than we’ve ever been.

I was trying to balance college and being home with my sister, but she will always come first. I don’t think people quite understand the changes someone and their family go through when they lose a body part. People kept telling me i needed to do what was best for me and go back to college. College is an hour away.

But, i couldn’t at that time. We’re family and family always comes first. School could wait, but my sister adapting to her new life couldn’t. What’s best for me was being home with her and being there for her. Believe me, she never let me miss an assignment either. My little sister nagged me, her older sister, about doing homework. So believe me, I was still doing school work while i was home

Someone should never have to go through what she did. But, my gosh I’ve never seen someone come out of all of this so strong. The second she first tried on her prosthetic, she had no time to waste. She began walking immediately, the doctors were impressed. She’s ready to play softball again. She rides four wheelers, she’s driving a car!! She laughs about her leg and is able to make jokes about it. She has a sense of humor like no other.

My little sister is by far the best person i know. I love our weekly... okay daily, Starbucks trips. I love our jam sessions. I love stealing your clothes and you always being angry about it. I love the joy you bring into everyone’s lives. I love your heart and how much you care for everyone. I love your relationship with god and how much you trust in him. But most of all, i love you for who you are, always.

I know you still struggle sometimes with this and I know it’s not always easy. But, no matter you always have me. You’re an inspiration to many people, sis. You shine brighter than most stars.

Life sometimes sucks, but it’s all in God’s plan. When he closes a door, some how he opens a window. Everyday is a new day and I’m just really blessed that I get to spend everyday knowing you’re my sister and my best friend.

Thank you so much for everything you’ve taught me. You may be younger than I am, but you’re the role model here.

I love you,

Sissy.