Promises You Should Make For 2017

Promises You Should Make For 2017

I promise to make it the best one yet.

9
Promises You Should Make For 2017
pixabay

I promise to smile more.

In a world where the news is often negative, I promise to smile more. I promise to smile at the small victories such as seeing a cute dog on a walk and in the great ones of finding love, good health, and achieving my dreams.

I promise to eat better.

They always say your body is a temple, treat it well. I promise to watch what I am feeding my body. My body is my machine and I need to feed it the best fuel possible to make sure it runs to help go far in life.

I promise to exercise.

I am not making this promise in hopes of losing weight (that would just be an added bonus). I am making this promise because one day, my body is not going to work the way it does now. I want to enjoy the fact that I can walk and run without my bones aching.

I promise to disconnect from social media more.

Social media is filled with fake news, people hiding behind profiles, and negativity. I promise to put my phone down and communicate in face to face interaction. I promise to make connections with people through actual laughs not emoji’s.

I promise to enjoy nature.

Our world is becoming more developed and before we know it, we won’t be able to walk outside at night, look up and see the stars. I promise to read a book while lying in the grass. I promise to lay out a blanket and look for shapes in the clouds like I did when I was 5.

I promise to make time for family.

The older I get, the more independent I become and I find myself forgetting about the people who helped me get to where I am today. I promise to visit home, call my relatives more, and write letters to my cousins. I promise to treasure the time we have together and make it a priority to attend as many family events as possible.

I promise to love.

I promise to love those who love me as well as though who don’t. I promise to be the one to show love in a world surrounded by hate. Everyone is different and our world is going through change of people finding it hard to accept those different than themselves. I promise to love all the differences because those differences make us the same. I want to be the light in the dark place.

I promise to be me.

Times are changing and people are changing with it. I promise to stay true to my beliefs. I promise to stand up and fight for what I believe in without stepping on other people. I promise that no matter what, I will keep my innocence and love for the world.

And last but not least, I promise to make this year the best one yet.