My person birthday Meredith and Christina

To My Person (Bestie) on her birthday

You are the Mer to my Yang!!!

1583
To My Person (Bestie) on her birthday
Francis Dorcius

I know I have been referring to my best friend as my person in some of my past articles and say that I would tell you more about her, it is her birthday, so now is the time.

The term my person is from the show "Grey's Anatomy." As I was thinking of writing this, I was like how am I going to explain it to you all? Then, I realized that google had the definition. Take a look for yourself.

Image result for my person definition

History

If you know me personally and I ever had a conversation with you that's over 5 minutes that's not an interview, I think I have mentioned my Person to you more than once. But, let me tell you a little bit about our friendship. We met at church ( no we didn't know each other since Haiti), we were part of the same choir, but we didn't become best friends right away. It all started when she was sick, and I would visit her everyday, and we started to get close, and her parents started to feed me (ahahahahah). We still didn't consider each other as best friends then.

We would be there to support each other, we would have each other's back, but we still didn't put any title on it because we each had our separate best friends. When one of us is hosting an event, we are always the first one there to help prep and the last one to leave to help clean. One day my brother was with us and he said "y'all best friends look so cute", we laughed. Coincidentally that same day her then boyfriend, now husband told her from a conversation "wait aren't you girls best friends". We started giving each other that title at that time even if everyone considered us as best friends at first. So much happened, so let's skip to the time were we started watching grey's anatomy together.

When we were watching "Grey's Anatomy" we started to relate to Meredith and Christina so much that we started to call each other "my Person" because at that point we became more than best friends. When I left for Kentucky, she had my keys in case I needed any last minute things from my room, that is how close we got. While she was living with her parents, she didn't need to be home for me to go take a nap. I know her new home so well that while the it was being blessed, she forgot the the guest bathroom, but I remembered it.

We even danced it out a few times when things weren't going well just like Meredith and Yang. We made plans on how we would become each other's maid of honors/godparent to each other's first child, and I indeed became her maid of Honor. So much has happened, I wish I could tell you more but, let's read what my mushy self have to tell my person on her birthday.

Choum Choum,

I cannot begin to thank God enough for placing you on my path.I am just beyond grateful for the day that the Lord decided to bless this world with such a beautiful woman like you. I remember when we were just acquaintances how you would go out of your way to give me rides that it got to a point where we started to call your car my car (ahahahahah), those were the days! But, things escalated when I transferred to FIU with all my involvements, especially when I was rushing for PHIDE (ahahahahahah). Sometimes I feel for you because you have to listen to me blahblahblahing nonstop about everything that is going on, but you signed up for it, so I don't really feel for you. I am going to try to not blah blah too much on here, but I have so much to say, so hang on.

Well, I wanna thank you for putting up with me since day 1, thank you for remembering everything I say word for word because I always repeat myself. Thank you for being the best Person a person could ever have. Thank you for making me part of your big day, I mean this meant everything to me (maybe that's for another post). Thank you for checking on me even when I don't want to talk to anyone. Thank you for always saving me food that you have no idea when I will have time to pick up. Thank you for listening to my repeated stories. Thank you for loving me even when you don't like me. THANK YOU FOR BEING MY PERSON.

I just wanna say I knew you were my person, but the day that I actually confirmed that you are definitely my forever person was when you told me " I will not let you visit those new churches alone even if I don't agree with your decision, I will support you, and I will go with you the first few times". That day change everything, that day made me realize that being someone's person is truly a commitment.

I know it was a hard transition for you, but seeing how much you have gone against your way to support me and learn about what you see is best for me on this journey just say so much about your heart. There is so much I didn't realize while everything was happening, but now looking back I see that you acted really like Meredith would have (ahahahahahah). I don't think any friendship would have been able to surpass this, but our friendship isn't just any friendship, it is the best that could ever be, so yeahrrr!

Now onto birthday wishes lol. I just pray that God continues to strengthen you as you grow into becoming a woman after His own heart, I pray that God brings healing, love, care, patience, and everything your heart desires into your life. I pray that He continues to bless the Dorcius Union, and I pray that He continues to bless our friendship.

Remember

YOU CANNOT GET RID OF ME

"You are my Person, You will always be my Person" ~ Cristina Yang

WHEN YOU HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS WHERE YOU WANT TO ACT UP REMEMBER THIS

"We're friends, real friends. And that means, no matter how long it takes, when you finally do decide to look back, I'll still be here." ~Meredith Grey

JUST IN CASE YOU RECEIVE RANDOM EMERGENCY CALLS OR REPORT FOR A LOST JOURNAL

"They wouldn't let me confirm my appointment unless I designated an emergency contact person... You're my person." ~Cristina Yang

REMEMBER THAT

"We're fine people. We do fine. We're fine." -- Cristina Yang

Happy Birthday Mer, and please catch up on "Grey's Anatomy" (like yesterday).

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee You!!!

Xoxo,

DD