The best college players are hoping their names are called

Draft Night Is So Close — Here Are My Top 10 Picks For My Mock Draft

It is that time of year again and the NFL Draft is on its way. The top college players hope their names get called on draft night by an NFL team. The top 10 picks are intriguing and definitely worth keeping an eye on.

106

The NFL Draft, the greatest time of year in the world of football, is upon us. This night is a chance for teams to start fresh and build their roster for the fall. As a football enthusiast, I am always eager for the draft because it is always delightful to watch the first round and see which of the top college players end up moving up to play professionally. This year, my mock draft consists of the first 10 picks, as well as who I think will land where. It is an intriguing draft class with bright young stars.

1. Kyle Murray to Arizona Cardinals

The 2018 Heisman trophy winner is one of the most intriguing prospects in draft history. Murray had an opportunity to play Major League Baseball but opted to enter the NFL Draft. Many fans wonder if he can make it on the pro-game. His athleticism is similar to current NFL quarterbacks. The Cardinals could start a quarterback controversy should they draft Murray. Don't be shocked if another Oklahoma quarterback is drafted first overall.

2. Nick Bosa to San Francisco 49ers

Nick Bosa was one of the most dominant players in college football. He is the younger brother of Chargers defender Joey Bosa. Bosa proved to be an effective pass rusher in the Big Ten. San Francisco would be ecstatic if Bosa landed in their lap at the number two pick.

3. Josh Allen to New York Jets

Tom Brady has dominated the AFC East since 2001. The Jets have done little to stop him for nearly two decades, but a dangerous pass rusher like Allen is what the Jets need to challenge the G.O.A.T. Allen was also named SEC Defensive Player of the Year in 2018.

4. Quinnen Williams to Oakland Raiders

The Raiders traded away their best pass rusher Khalil Mack last season. Quinnen Williams from Alabama can bring back a pass rush that Oakland desperately desires. Under Nick Saban, Alabama prospects rarely disappoint.

5. Devin White to Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Devin White was a sideline to sideline linebacker and a standout at LSU. The Bucs need a linebacker like White on their roster. After all, a playmaker on the defensive side of the ball is a good foundation for any team.

6. Drew Lock to New York Giants 

The time has come to replace Eli Manning in New York. This is long overdue, so drafting a quarterback in the first round is a great place to start. Lock has been a standout prospect from Missouri. Giants fans may not like the pick, but it is the best pick for the future of the team.

7. Jawaan Taylor to Jacksonville Jaguars 

I project Taylor will stay in the state of Florida and suit up for the Jaguars this fall. Jacksonville now has Nick Foles at quarterback and, hopefully, a healthy Leonard Fournette. Taylor is a strong tackle who can keep things stable on the offensive line.

8. Rashan Gary to Detroit Lions 

Rashan Gary was one of Michigan's best players in 2018. He is a talented edge rusher who is worthy of a top ten selection. The Lions could use an elite pass rusher while being in a division driven by quarterbacks.

9. Andre Dillard to Buffalo Bills 

Bills' quarterback Josh Allen is a great talent with a bright future in the NFL. The Bills want to keep their quarterback standing in the pocket at all costs. Dillard will be in that main role of protecting the franchise quarterback in Buffalo.

10. Dwayne Haskins to Denver Broncos 

The Broncos may have signed Joe Flacco earlier this offseason, but it is hard to pass on a prospect such as Haskins. His one year as a starter at the Ohio State University was one of the most memorable seasons in Buckeye history. Flacco is not getting any younger. Giving Haskins the chance to learn from a Super Bowl MVP is a win-win for Denver.

This draft class has outstanding prospects with bright futures ahead of them. This time of year is always amusing for football fans. Sometimes, we never know what to expect heading into draft night. And, that is one of the best parts about the draft. The first round is April 25th, so sit back and enjoy the 2019 NFL Draft!