My Manifesto

My Manifesto

A list of statements I believe in that drives me as an artist and as a person

9

I believe that goodness exists everywhere, in every crevice of the universe.

I believe in a higher power, but not that it cares about fate.

I believe that every person, and animal, has basic rights.

I believe that most of our basic rights are disrespected on a daily basis.

I believe that art is an expression of our humanity, and it binds the artists and its viewers together for a lifetime.

I believe that art is not limited, anything that is an expression of the artist is art.

I believe that this does not mean that there is not "bad art."

I believe that bad art is still good, but it is an unenthusiastic expression of humanity, sticking itself somewhere in life where it does not belong.

I believe that every person on earth is an artist.

I believe that if everyone believed the previous statement, we would be much more peaceful.

I believe that peace comes from understanding.

I believe that understanding comes from curiosity.

I believe that hatred is fear externalized.

I believe that love is something we all feel, and suppress because society tells us to.

I believe that women should be allowed to acknowledge their experiences, and their fears.

I believe that men should be allowed to acknowledge their experiences, and their fears.

I believe that people should be allowed to acknowledge their experiences, and their fears.

I believe that we have normalized self-hatred, self-doubt, and hiding our true self.

I believe that if everyone believed in their power, we would have equality.

I believe that no issue can be solved completely.

I believe that art exists to communicate about the issues we feel are important, and to fight against what we feel is wrong.

I believe that art presents an ideal world, the real world, and the worst possible world all at once.

I believe in kindness above all.

I believe that happiness is more important than success, wealth, power, or any other thing.

I believe that happiness is one of the aforementioned basic rights.

I believe that not all people are capable of happiness.

I believe in love.