My Calendar Looks Ten Times Better Than My Grades Will Ever Look, And I Love It

Keeping my schedule full of everything I have to do and keeping myself stress free.

160

I love my google calendar. Most people opt for the apple calendar or a notebook with all their important social engagements, but I'm really attached to my calendar to the point where I look at it at least ten times a day.

My calendar contains everything pertaining to me and my daily life. It has my class schedule for every day of the week through the rest of the semester, my workout plans (if I make it there, fingers crossed), my eating plans with locations, and any projects or group work that I need to do. Currently, it is filled with my study schedule for exams since they are right around the corner. I find that if I put the work I need to get done on my calendar as a deadline, I'm more likely to accomplish that task.

It may seem obsessive or excessive, but it helps me make sure I do what I need to and it makes me feel accomplished. Considering I'm studying for finals right now, knowing my calendar looks 10x’s better than my grades will ever look is a great feeling. I even incorporate colors to indicate what everything is for. Yellow represents classes because it’s more of a neutral color and I don't necessarily care for either, reds are projects and my focus needs to go there, greens are to-do's because I have to go go go to get them done, purples are specific events, and oranges are sorority events because I ran out of colors.

At first glance, it seems overwhelming, but I have to realize how much I actually do in a normal day and just putting it into my calendar just shows what I'm capable of doing in a whole day. I could try to remember all the things I have going on in life, but that stresses me out even more so I like to have something else remember it all for me. The reason I like everything all scheduled out is that I rather not waste time doing nothing.

When the events fade out after they are completed or the time has elapsed, that feeling is so enjoyable, and it puts me at ease. Having a schedule is great for my mental health. It relieves the stress and anxiety of trying to study last minute or work a group project into my schedule and realize I actually have class at that time and need to reschedule.

So to my google calendar, I love you immensely.