My Friends Are My World

My Friends Are My World

With them, my world crumbles or gets built.

468
My Friends Are My World
playbuzz

Friends can either bring you up or bring you down, here are some key things to look for in choosing a friend. Believe it or not you can actually choose the friends you associate with. Never feel like you "have to be someone's friend". Good friends are the following:

1. They are the best thing in your life.

If I'm sad and need some encouragement, I know that I can always go to one (or all) of my friends and they will be there for me. If my car breaks down and my mom can't come to help me, my friends will definitely be there in 2.5 seconds. The truest friends will always be there.

2. "Show me your five closest friends, and I'll show you your future."

If your life isn't going the way that you want it to, you can pretty much chalk it up to the friends that you're hanging out with. People attract alike people, so if you're wondering why your life is spiraling, it may be your friends influencing your decisions. Make sure that the people in your life don't suck the life out of you. Get rid of the vampires in your life, and learn to understand that it's okay. You'll be thankful for cutting ties with people that aren't good for you later.

3. I never wonder if my friends are talking behind my back.

If you have a good set of friends around you, you'll never wonder if they're talking behind your back. You'll never wonder if they will back stab you. The level of trust and peace that comes with a good friend means the world to your future. Connections and friendships can make or break you.

4. At the end of the day...

I know that no matter what, the friends that I have will always be there for me. Choosing the right friends was the best thing I could've ever done. I wanted change, so I changed friends. Every once and a while I have to "clean out" friends that become vampires.

At first I hated having to get rid of friends because "I love the person I thought they were" or "I love the person that they were before they changed"; however, at some point you have to realize that your life could be so much better without vampires. I'm so happy with my life and I'm so happy that I have friends with similar interests and similar goals. Life gets better when you choose your friends wisely.