No one knew about this hobby

Odyssey Taught Me I Could Take My Passion For Writing Seriously

No one knew about this hobby I had.

65
Twitter

My interest in writing started while I was in middle school. Then it continued throughout high school. In middle school, I began writing my own songs. Eventually, I began to have an interest in writing poetry while in high school. I enjoyed having my public speaking class in high school because I was able to write creatively. Honestly, I did not think that anyone would see anything I would write until I joined Odyssey. It was a nice for me to write articles on topics I was interested in. I liked that there was an audience that could read my articles, and relate to them.

I have mentioned in previous articles that I am a shy person, and it can be difficult sometimes for me to express myself verbally. It is easier for me to express myself through writing. Well, I know that I need to find my voice, and not be afraid to stick up for myself in order to survive in this world.

That time will come, and when it does I will be surprised. Writing will somehow be in my future because there are many stories that I would like to share. Whether that would be from others' perspectives or my own. I am talented, and I will have a bright future ahead of me. If I continue to prove that I can achieve the goals that I set for myself by working hard.

But I would also like to be proud of myself for proving the people who doubted me wrong. People will say anything negative to get under your skin, and you have to not let what they say bother you. I struggle with not letting the little things bother me, and this is something I will continue to work on. At the end of the day, all that matters is that I am happy with choices I make in life, and not regretting them.

As I continue to write, I hope I can inspire people, and prove that nice people still exist.