My Favorite Movie Of 2017

My Favorite Movie Of 2017

Why "Ladybird" should have won "Best Picture" at the Oscars.

96
My Favorite Movie Of 2017
https://www.newtimesslo.com/sanluisobispo/lady-bird-charms-while-weaving-a-poignant-coming-of-age-story/Content?oid=3821805

Many amazing movies came out during 2017. I started off the year sitting through the most intense and plot twisting film I can think of, "Get Out," and ended with my favorite one of all, "Ladybird."

Right when I finished the trailer I knew I had to see it. This movie is about a girl who nicknamed herself Ladybird. It shares her story of going off to college, meeting new friends and it takes places in California. Did I mention she thrift shops too? I could not wait to see the movie. Unfortunately because of finals, my possibility of viewing "Ladybird" was placed on hold until second semester, but once I saw it the first time, I re-watched it another two.

If you need a good movie to watch with your mom, sister or best friends, this is your movie. One moment you will be crying and the next you will be chuckling at Ladybird's wittiness and sarcasm. I think this movie can find its way into so many young girls' hearts who are struggling with choosing a college, heartbreak and relationships with others. If you loved Saoirse Ronan in "Brooklyn," you will love her even more in this. Ronan depicts a typical spunky teenage girl struggling to find her way during her senior year of high school. Ladybird also goes to a catholic school which hits very close to home for me!

The major theme in this movie is the relationship Ladybird has with her mother. Both women have strong personalities that often clash, resulting in some intense and at times hilarious arguments.

Overall, "Ladybird" is at the top of my favorite movies list. I hope this small synopsis encourages you to sit down with some girlfriends, snack on some Ben & Jerry's and become inspired by Ladybird's growth and independence.