My Ex Best Friend

My Ex Best Friend

You were good to me

188
My Ex Best Friend
Pintrest

To my old bestfriend,

You were good to me, for many years through kindergarten and middle school and even the last day of high school. Grad parties and goodbyes were hard on us and moving thousands of miles away seemed not to shake us. However, there were missed calls, ignored texts and forgotten memories as we each move farther apart into our new lives. I am not blaming you for changing and growing because I did too. I found people who liked me for me, and I was happy like I never was and have not been in Rochester. It was weird to lose you, slowly we both felt it and when breaks came around we had less to talk about, less laughs and we cared about different things, different people were filling the void we had of each other. Less smiles seemed to appear when dumb things were said and the fights we would get over started to become bigger, started to last longer. There were people for us to talk to instead of each other when things went downhill and for that when we grew apart we stayed apart. We are civil, liking pictures and answering simple questions, but we are strangers, living in the same town down the same roads where we would make the same memories that have started to fade. We are no longer forced into a situation where we see each other every second of everyday in the halls of school in between bells and lunch. You are a stranger and even though we have these perfect memories they are starting to be replaced. It has been awhile now and I no longer miss you, and I know you feel the same. I have found people to share the smiles we once had, I found people who fill the void you left. I do not hate you, but I do not care at the same time. If I can say that without making it sound worse I wish that I could find those words but I guess all I will say is this, I am okay without you. I know you are okay too and I guess that is how we will see it from now on. You were good to me, allowing me to grow up how I needed and finding myself, I can not credit you with who I am to this day but I can credit you with who I used to be. The shy girl who needed a best friend from elementary school to graduation. You were good to me, I am glad you were my best friend.