Why I Reawakened My Faith

Why I Reawakened My Faith

It has definitely changed my life for the better.

299
Why I Reawakened My Faith
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2018/01/17/636518198847599625-2105969601_EasterCross.jpg

When it comes to faith, people connect with others in a different way than usual. Everyone around you is family, and every time you're surrounded by them it’s the kind of company you can’t get anywhere else. That is just one of the reasons I decided to find my way back to faith. I have so many other reasons for making this choice, but it is one that I have not yet regretted. It wasn't an easy transition; it’s requires a series of baby steps.

Every day there are thousands of people doing the same thing I’m doing. Everyone has their own opinions about faith, but my own opinion is that it's great. I have amazing people surrounding me, who provide such great support. My boyfriend comes with me to every church service I attend, and my Dad invites me every Sunday. My relationship with God is my most important one…so I say. But the fact of the matter is that sometimes I forget about him. I’m busy living my life, hanging out with my friends and going on adventures on the weekends, and because of that, God hasn’t been a big part of my life as I would like. I’m not the kind to attend mass every Sunday but that doesn’t mean I’m not totally devoted into my faith, I love to go through the Bible and highlight specifics that stand out to me, no joke I have special highlighters for it. I also have my own prayer book that helps me with my new connection to God. In the end, I decided it was time for a new approach to my faith.

I needed a more modern way to connect with God on a daily and regular basis. A practice that would help me feel grounded in God so that I wouldn’t get lost in the world. That would keep me in sight of the shore so I wouldn’t drown in the waves. So I did some research and planning and found a few new ways I could get back to God. The Bible App on the app store is an amazing way to connect with God. It sends you daily verses, you can make-up reading plans, and also start some with some friends-It is amazing!

I come from a very Christian family, My grandparents especially that give me the motivation to keep a relationship with him, along with my boyfriends family that keep me going. Another way is to follow some Christian accounts on either Instagram, Twitter or whatever floats your goat but to see those daily posts reminded me to open up that bible or see if there is any church service going on that will help with my connection with him.

Having a relationship with him has changed my life for the better, it makes my heart happy to be able to talk to him whenever and wherever, to know that I’m never alone. It is so healthy to be so involved in your religion. I would recommend this to everyone because it’s not only a way to live, it’s a hobby that will let you meet some amazing people that will always be the nicest, get you out of the house to go to church or a new bible study group. It will mean well and will definitely make your life a better one. From my experience to others, it will be one that will live with you for the rest of your life.