6 Games You Also May Have Made Up As A Kid

I cherish every childhood memory whether games were official or not.

28
Stephanie Bicchetti

Tag, Hide-and-go seek, and hopscotch were always the typical games you played as a kid. While I found those fun, sometimes they would get old. As a kid, we come up with the most random games to play and I thought I'd share mine with you. Here are six games I played as a kid:

1. Truth, truth, or truth

Due to being lazy, this game was born. There was me, my little sister Erica, and my best friend Meeghan who literally hung out all day everyday. We loved playing Truth or Dare together, but sometimes we really just didn't feel like moving to actually get up and do a dare. So out of pure laziness we decided to create 'Truth, truth, or truth.' The name came from the fact that there were three of us and consisted of us answering some truths. It's that simple. Mind you when someone would ask you 'truth, truth, or truth?' and they answered 'truth', they would then ask 'was it the third truth?' as if that really mattered. Essentially we were just taking turns asking one another questions.

This game still hasn't died down yet.

2. Mantracker

This was a game that ended badly. For those who don't know there was this show called Mantracker where two people would have to cross the finish line before the mantracker (man on a horse) would catch them. For some odd reason we found this to be a great idea and decided to play it ourselves. This is another story that consisted of Erica and Meeghan. Meeghan was our mantracker, while my sister and I had to make it to the finish line ((aka base) aka my front door). Mind you, while we were playing this, no one was home at my house. The three of us had to take it to the next level of course. In order for this game to be complete, we had to dress up in our own team colors. I wore all pink, Meeghan wore all black, and Erica wore all blue. We looked absolutely ridiculous. Well, long story short, Erica made it to base fine and well me? Not so much. When I finally touched base (my front door) my hand went completely through the glass. Yep. Glass shattered and boy was I bleeding. So a trip to the hospital was what ended this game. Let's just say that was the first and last time we played that game.

7 years later, all that's left is a scar.

3. "Push in aisle 3!"

When me and my older sister Brittany were younger we use to take walks with our Poppop from his house to the lake. This lake was basically a park and our favorite thing to do was go on the swings. We weren't the greatest at swinging I guess so whenever we needed a push we would call our Poppop over. I couldn't tell you how this started but we decided that every time we needed push we would say "Push in aisle 2" if we were on the second swing. Depending on the swing we were in determined the aisle we would yell out to my Poppop. I feel like this would be really annoying looking back on it, but he never complained!

4. THE CHEF IS LATE

This is definitely cute looking back on it. Growing up my family would always take a trip to visit my relatives for dinner. We would always eat at my grandparents house and would be joined by our cousins. My grandparents had these fake food toys that we would play with as if we had our own restaurant. This game was never really planned out. It usually began the second our cousins would walk in (because we always arrived before them). Our cousin Frankie was actually the chef while the rest of us were waitresses. When our cousins would walk in the door we would yell "the chef is late!" and we would scramble to start 'cooking.' The funny thing about this was the fact that we would actually get pen and paper out to take down everyones order (which depended on whatever our grandparents were cooking that day) and then would serve it to them. We basically had our own business going at the age of 9.

5. The Lizzie McGuire Movie Game (WARNING: I spoil the movie)

Who wasn't in love with the Lizzie McGuire Movie as a kid. My best friend (Ashley) and I growing up were obsessed with the movie for one reason in particular. In the movie there is a girl named Isabella who is played by Hilary Duff as well but with dark hair. Ashley and I thought we looked just like Lizzie and Isabella from the movie so we would literally become them. In the end of the movie they perform a duet together and that's exactly what we would do. We would memorize the song and run out to the middle of the street and start performing as if we were them. We had every song lyric and dance move down. Disney could have basically hired us. I'm not sure if we were any good, but at the time we thought we were.

6. The Blindfold Game

Yeah, we aren't that creative with names. This game was basically hide-and-go seek tag but in the dark with a blindfold on. Once again, this game all became a thing due to Meeghan, Erica, and I getting bored with your casual game of tag. Did I mention you had to crawl? The person who was 'it' had to wear a blindfold and crawl around hoping they could tag someone. The hard part about this was the fact that it was played in the dark so the people running had to try not to run into anything. This game always got dangerous real quick. While this may be my favorite game we ever made, I wouldn't recommend playing.

Those are just six games I thought of off the top of my head but trust me, I could go on and on. Shout out to Erica and Meeghan for being a part of these silly games growing up. You guys are the bomb.