Five Reasons Why A Car As A Great Safe Space For Anyone

My car, my safe space.

922

Everyone has a safe space where they can get comfortable, relax, destress, and forget about their worries for a while. Some examples of relaxing safe spaces include the beach, park, library, or simply being in your own room. While I am a big fan of every single one of those examples, my favorite place for me to really be myself, relax, and get away from my problems for a bit is my car.

1.My car, my music

By having your own car to drive, you have the ultimate power to play whatever music you want as loud as you want! In times of stress, my favorite thing to do is go in my car, crank up the stereo and sing along to all my favorite songs and artists (Taylor Swift is my favorite in times of stress). If you are driving by yourself in the car, then there is no one to judge or criticize you for your music or your singing. Listening to music while going for a drive is a great stress relief and good benefit to your daily life.

2.Me,Myself, and I time

Being in a car by yourself driving is also a great way for you to take some time to reflect upon yourself and make sure things are going alright for you. Who better to talk to than yourself? When I have alone time to talk out loud to myself, I come to good decisions over some things I had to take care of, I review the day I went through to see how it went, or it helps me clear my head and cool off if I'm ever in a situation with someone or something. Besides the people you truly trust, your own person can actually give you the best advice when you're on your own in your own space.

3.You choose the destination

When you're behind the wheel, you have the ultimate power to choose where to go. Whatever your heart desires, whether it is going to the beach, getting some ice cream, or driving through a forest, can be done because you have the power at your fingertips to explore all these places you've always wanted to go to. Sometimes when I drive to some places I have in mind, I come across new places I never knew of before and I end up falling in love with those new places because of how amazing and beautiful they were. Of course, it's important not to get lost, but remember that when you have access to a vehicle, you have access to unlimited possibilities of exploring the world around you.

4.The Cone of Trust

There's something about being in a car and driving around with other people that really allows them to open up to you and talk about many things for as long as the car ride lasts. My friends and I often joke around my car being the Cone of Trust because we talk endlessly about topics that lead to a million other things and usually, what we say in my car, stays in my car. A car creates a space of comfort, trust, and no judgment in my experience which is why I truly enjoy being in my car and having company with me sometimes to have those deep, meaningful conversations.

5. Weather Control

I cannot emphasize this reason enough. If the weather outside is something you don't like, then sit in that car seat and crank up the air conditioning or heat because you have that ability to control the weather to your liking!

To all those that don't have your own car (yet), these are all the amazing things you have to look forward to when that day comes and you have all this power to be the King/Queen of the world!